Manager, Cloud Platform Engineering
Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business, are talented, collaborative, and innovative problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people – both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for? Learn more at
UKG is looking for a Cloud Platform Engineering Manager to manage an agile scrum team of Platform Engineers that build and maintain our public/private cloud’s PaaS layer (Platform as a Service). This is a specialized team that abstracts the complexities of Infrastructure, Networking, Access, and Security requirements to ensure they are consumed in standardized ways for supporting Applications. These services are built in Linux leveraging various technologies including Go, Ansible, Concourse, K8s, GKE, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Openstack, to name a few. This position will partner with our Agile development teams and other Cloud teams to assure smooth integration and deployment of UKG software across the entire cloud infrastructure.
In support of our culture, we are adopting a hybrid working model of 3 days per week in the office and the rest of the week can be remote. The UKG office that this position is located in is Weston, FL. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position, including temporary sponsorship through OPT.
- Partner with the Product Management team to meet or exceed all committed Product timelines for the teams, while planning the future roadmap
- Manage quality of product KPI, manage SLA of the team, and drive continuous improvement
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies and function as Scrum master
- Create Epics and Stories for teams to execute on
- Report periodically on the status of the project, raising up major impediments or risks
- Work with individuals to set appropriate, challenging development goals
- Provide actionable feedback and opportunities to team member to lead them to high performance
- Create strong team morale and spirit, defining success in team terms and sharing wins and successes
- Some (infrequent) on-call responsibilities will be required
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud Native solutions (GCP, AWS, and/or Azure)
- 3+ years of experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Java/Golang/Ruby/Python)
- Experience working with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with one or more distributed version control/Source Code Management (SCM) technology and its workflows like git and the understanding of the gitops/devops mindset.
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining highly available services at scale
- Knowledge of Infrastructure test automation
- Experience with web technologies utilizing Microservices, SOA patterns and REST
- 3+ years of experience managing high performance scrum teams of 5 individuals or more
- Demonstrated experience with JIRA, Confluence, Slack/Teams
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.