Principal Engineer I - Identity Governance and Administration
GEICO is seeking a Principal Engineer to play a pivotal role in ensuring the security and efficiency of our digital infrastructure. The ideal IGA Principal Engineer proactively and holistically leads and supports Identity Governance activities that guide the design, development, and security of Identities in the cloud and on-prem. They will participate in the resolution of complex problems, facilitate the implementation of solutions and improvements, and collaborate across teams to promote the GEICO’s vision.
Our Cybersecurity IGA Principal Engineer will have advanced experience with implementation and monitoring. They will be well versed in IGA processes and be able to guide the team to deliver secure and seamless solutions that protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the business. The ideal candidate will work in a cross functional organization with a strong emphasis on customer experience, by following security policy, standards, and providing process best practices to stakeholders.
As a Principal Engineer, you will:
- Spear head scoping, design, and the building of scalable, resilient Identity Governance solutions.
- Implement Identity and Access Management requirements, such as SOD, RBAC, JIT, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish access policies, protocols, and compliance standards.
- Lead design sessions and technology reviews with peers to elevate the quality of engineering across the organization.
- Provide expert guidance on access control solutions across diverse technology stacks, including on-premises and cloud environments.
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across teams.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for junior team members, to promote a culture of learning and development.
- Support a team environment that fosters innovation, diversity, and inclusion.
- In-depth knowledge of identity and access management frameworks and technologies (Azure AD, Saviynt, Lieberman Red, etc.).
- Strong understanding of IAM concepts such as Role Management, SOD, Privileged Access Management, SSO, RBAC, ABAC, JIT Access, and Zero Trust.
- Experience with Azure AD, on-premises and SAS products implementation, and design concepts including Microservices and API management.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience with security protocols and products such as Active Directory, Windows Authentication, SAML, OAuth.
- Experience in providing user support and maintaining an Identity Management system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- One or more of the following Cybersecurity certifications are highly desired:
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- 6+ years of experience in Identity Governance and Access
- 3+ years of experience with architecture and design
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
- 2+ years of experience in open-source frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures and Certificates
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
- Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
At this time, GEICO will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.