Sr. Systems Engineer - Data Services (Remote)
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We work on large scale distributed systems, processing over 1 trillion events a day with a petabyte of RAM deployed in our Cassandra clusters - and this traffic is growing daily. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to developing and shaping our cybersecurity platform. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters - one team, one fight.
About The Role
CrowdStrike is looking to hire a Senior Engineer to the Data Services team to help us take our database systems to the next level. We’re looking for a highly-technical, hands-on engineer, who loves to work with data plane services like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and Kafka, and is comfortable building automation around large-scale cloud-based critical systems. We’ll be looking at candidate CVs with an eye on achievement -- what you’ve accomplished in the past tells us the most about what you can do for us in the future.
What You'll Do
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data components - including Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, and Spark, and use that understanding to operate and automate properly configured clusters.
- Work with Engineering to roll out new products and features.
- Develop infrastructure services to support the CrowdStrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full devops model.
- Work closely with Engineering and Customer Support to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues, regardless of when they happen.
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available.
What You’ll Need
- Experience with large scale datastores using technologies like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, and Spark.
- Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Track record of making great decisions, particularly when it matters most
- Rock solid communication skills, verbal and written
- A combination of confidence and independence... with the prudence to know when to ask for help from the rest of the team
- Experience in the information security industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering
Benefits Of Working At CrowdStrike
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com for further assistance.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
Right to Work
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary range for this position in the U.S. is $105,000 - $195,000 per year + variable/incentive compensation + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and location.