Engineer - Data Center
Reporting Manager Title: Manager – Data Center
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain highly available (24x7x365) and secure data center infrastructure to support TDECU’s business needs.
- Work with business leads to understand their data center operations needs; design, propose, and deliver solutions to meet those needs.
- Work with IT Leadership for continuous improvement of customer satisfaction.
- Installation, maintenance and optimize data center infrastructure in accordance with TDECU processes and standards.
- Work collaboratively across Business units, IT Operations, and IT Application teams to quickly resolve data center infrastructure and operations issues.
- Responsible for resolution of incidents assigned via the Ticket Management System by monitoring the ticketing queue to prioritize, allocate, and ensure timely resolution of tickets.
- Follow best practices for data center infrastructure support with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain data center infrastructure and operations standards and procedures to ensure timely, smooth, and consistent operational environment and seamless integration of new technology solutions.
- Responsible for the development of data center metrics to provide high-quality service and to evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for establishing key performance indicators and service level agreements for managing the availability, quality, and performance of data center infrastructure to meet and exceed business requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of all TDECU training and compliance requirements.
- Stay abreast of new and upcoming technologies relevant to data center infrastructure & and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar discipline or an equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Preferred certifications: ITIL and other similar systems-related certifications in areas such as Network, Storage Area Network, and System Administration are preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of IT experience in an IT Data Center Infrastructure support role.
- Experience in large 24x7 production Information Technology operations.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Strong proficiency in:
- Server and Server virtualization, storage, and backup
- Microsoft, Active Directory, O365, Citrix
- Private, public, and hybrid cloud computing environment
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to learn new software and hardware packages and adapt to changes in technology.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Keen attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrates effective time management.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform essential position functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires ongoing testing and upgrading of multiple systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation that will often occur after hours, overnight, and/or during weekend hours (Saturday and Sunday). Federal holidays included.
- Travel up to 10 % or as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, protected veteran status, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, national origin or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.