Associate Principal, Cloud Engineering (Kafka)
As the company moves further along its journey into a Cloud-based infrastructure environment and leveraging of modern Infrastructure as Code practices, we are looking for cloud platform engineers seeking highly complex and challenging work that will have true ripple effects across an industry. As an Associate Principal, Cloud Engineering (Kafka Specialist), you will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will provide technical guidance within the team on kafka and, when called upon, serve as a technical liaison between internal departments. This will involve utilizing best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, DR, administration, and automation of the enterprise server virtualization environment with cloud technologies. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business. The ideal candidate is passionate about new technologies, keeps current with trends in the Cloud and Infrastructure space, while always searching for ways to improve our systems as technology evolves, with a steady eye towards the extensive regulatory/compliance demands on our company (e.g. CIS, NIST, etc).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Provide professional input to the organization for cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions such as AWS RedShift
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems
- Provide advanced Kafka administrative support
- Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning, with a particular focus on Kafka clusters.
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
- Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes
- Design, develop, and build the business’s cloud infrastructure architecture
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- [Required] Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams distributed across the US
- [Required] Strong experience with Confluent's Kafka Products and Platforms
- [Required] Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as: servers, operating systems, networks, and storage (basic) and (advanced) knowledge of Confluent Kafka.
- [Required] Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24/7 availability
- [Required] Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process
- [Required] Demonstrates history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
- [Required] Hands-on experience with: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- [Required] Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, AWS.
Education and/or Experience:
- [Required] AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired
- [Preferred] Relevant industry certifications such as Confluent Certified Administrator for Apache Kafka
Certificates or Licenses:
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- [Required] 7+ years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized servers/cloud systems and Kafka systems.
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer