Manager Software Engineering
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
The Manager, Software Engineering will manage a team of software engineers writing primarily Java for Powin's device support, scenario- specific apps, or infrastructures. This is a highly technical leadership role, requiring excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and deep knowledge of the Java programming language as well as Powin’s battery systems. The ideal candidate is an experienced software manager with a background in Java programming.
- Contributes strategically developing, refining, and advancing Powin's battery energy storage technology for use in the next generation of the grid
- Responsible for leading a team of engineers that are writing code, writing unit tests, and working collaboratively with Powin's Quality Assurance team
- May review Java code of direct reports and contribute to Java code as a high-level contributor
- Mentor team members on technical and personnel matters
- Guide discussions and decisions around developing and maintaining Java code for Powin
- Manage engineers for maintenance of legacy Array Controller and Master Systems Controller code in C#
- Work directly with customers and collaborate closely with other teams within Powin to ensure Powin Software success
- Make decisions on resolving technical problems
- Lead code inspections and Agile ceremonies
- Delegate responsibilities to team members effectively
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of Software Engineers preferred
- 4+ years’ experience with Java Object Oriented Programming or 4+ years equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL (Postgres preferred)
- 2 + years’ experience with Atlassian Jira software or equivalent experienc
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile, Agile SDLC or equivalent experience
- Experience with C#, AWS, Python, React is a plus
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus
Powin is not accepting resumes from unsolicited headhunters or agencies at this time.
EEO STATEMENT: The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices and laws. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without unlawful regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, religion or creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, protected veteran status, disability (mental or physical), or any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local law.
E-Verify: Powin participates in E-Verify and candidates will need to pass successfully upon completion of hire date.