Technical Product Manager Job
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR’s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
The Technical Product Manager, Digital Services is responsible for driving the development, launch, and support of Digital products. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data, cloud, security, and app dev technologies, as well as the ability to work with cross-functional teams to bring new customer-facing and platform products to market.
This role will lead enterprise products in the data, cloud, and security space – the mission-critical platform components that enable our customers, business partners, internal development teams, and business units to interact with PACCAR applications, data, and each other. Experience with application development, APIs, authorization approaches, secrets management, graph databases, master data management, cloud platforms, and developer portals will help you hit the ground running. Do some research in these areas to ensure these are spaces you know today or want to dig in and learn in short order – you will be expected to become an expert!
You will possess in innate desire and capacity to learn new technologies, apply them to practical business opportunities, and collaborate on business and technology issues with internal and external partners. You are a technical leader, staying up to date on the latest trends and technologies and evangelizing their appropriate application across Digital, ITD, and PACCAR. You have strong planning and management skills, holding teams accountable to timelines and budgets. You are solutions-oriented, impact-driven, appreciative of the past, and an optimistic creator of the future.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Apply, and come build with us!
Digital Services is a highly celebrative team of data, cloud, and analytics professionals with different backgrounds. Digital focuses on enabling PACCAR to make better decisions, faster, injecting new technologies and capabilities that enable us to better manage and utilize data to drive the business and our customers forward. As part of a diversified, global Fortune 100 company, the Digital team works on a wide variety of projects. Come join this dynamic, growing, and pioneering team, and make an impact at global scale!
- Develop and execute product roadmaps for technical products and programs within Digital Services.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for our products and platforms.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business problems and translate them into technical solutions.
- Collaborate with business partners to scope, build, and launch new products and features.
- Manage customer relationships, gather feedback on products, and build support for new initiatives.
- Lead the product roadmap and evangelize our product vision with stakeholders.
- Communicate progress and align dependencies to minimize impact on project schedules.
- Drive implementation, collaborating with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Work with Engineers, Developers, Architects, and DevOps engineers to design and implement automated solutions with CI/CD Pipelines for build, deployment, and configuration
- Apply Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) best practices to products, providing oversight to development, business, and systems teams in defining and implementing SLOs/SLIs.
- Ensure security is integrated into all architecture solutions to meet compliance standards.
- Lead agile ceremonies without supervision and manage a technical team’s progress against goals.
- Execute efficiently in a fast-paced fluid environment where change is constant, and creativity is encouraged.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in product management.
- Strong technical skills, an innate desire to learn, and a data-driven approach to solutioning.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to align common interests, build consensus, and deliver win-win solutions.
- Experience building clear, concise, and well-structured business cases and delivery plans and communicating progress to different audiences, as appropriate.
- Fundamental capability and desire to learn the organization's processes, objectives, and challenges and synthesize technical and process solutions that positively impact our business.
- Positive communication and negotiation skills that enable the ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner, leaving stakeholders feeling valued and bought in on decisions.
- A passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- Driven by impact and effusive with credit.
- Excited to work on a global team and willing to accommodate flexible hours, when needed.
- Appreciation of the value of in-person collaboration with colleagues. This is a mostly in-person position located at ITD in Renton, WA.
- Get things done attitude.
- Experience in application authorization, graph databases, and master data management.
- Experience delivering and managing scaled, cloud-based products.
- Experience leading delivery teams with 20+ resources.
- Experience leading agile teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, IT, or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Diversity & Inclusion
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability corporation. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment ensures PACCAR has the talent needed to conduct business today and in the future by leveraging different backgrounds, skills, and viewpoints. We believe diversity in the workplace increases innovation, results in better decisions, and increases employee engagement.
PACCAR’s IT Division promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, celebrations, and affinity groups. The IT Division has an active Diversity Council and supports initiatives and activities for all. PACCAR supports women through the PACCAR Women’s Association (PWA), Women in Trucking, and Women in Technology International (WITI). Educational awareness programs such as Unconscious Bias, Male Allyship and Inclusive Leadership are just a few of many trainings offered. PACCAR is a supporter of PRIDE and celebrates many different multi-cultural events.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors, including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Technical Product Manager is $106,300 - $166,300 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for a full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.