Senior Manager - Enablement Platforms (Compliance)
Our Senior Manager is a leader who collaborates with the team to develop and coordinate solutions, improve and enhance existing solutions as well as leverage engineering solutions to solve critical operational problems. A Senior Manager will lead the strategy and execution of a technical roadmap, prioritize efforts with stakeholders, and implement solutions across the Tech organization.
As a Senior Manager, you will:
- Work with your Director to address project dependencies, negotiate, and estimate incremental delivery dates for milestones with the stakeholder community, and deliver projects on time
- Identify and raise appropriate project risks, in addition to presenting detailed and implementable solutions or alternatives
- Understand how requirements and design choices may impact systems across multiple areas
- Report on your team’s progress for project and other key metrics, in addition to presenting detailed and implementable ideas for areas to further improve or influence product or project delivery
- Initiate and support performance evaluation of team members
- Cultivate a culture that motivates all levels of performers to higher levels of achievement
- Build and maintain relationships with your team members to support an environment of trust
- Influence those you motivate and coach to be receptive to feedback by cultivating a culture that acknowledges and expects individuals to grow and be accountable as a result of the experience gained (growth mindset)
- Identify where technical or analytical skill gaps put future team deliverables at risk and craft a plan to remediate, consistently challenge team members to share knowledge and learn new technologies
- Proficiently execute difficult conversations on development and performance
- Craft and deliver strategic and well-structured persuasive arguments to drive projects that drive process improvement, enhance cost leadership, and/or customer experience
- Manage up to leadership as well as give feedback when appropriate
- Administer coaching plan(s) and Performance Improvement Plan(s)
- Craft fully compliant quality documentation
- Compliant negotiation and execution of warning administration and/or involuntary termination
- Develop the team budget and be accountable for reporting on results achieved at regular intervals
- Significantly contribute to the team planning process to include surfacing associate level proposals
- Basic UI/UX and prototype design knowledge and experience are preferred
- Proven experience in digital experimentation and using web analytics data to optimize the online customer experience
- Knowledge of DTM tagging, including implementation solution design and processing rule set is preferred
- Hands-on experience with Metadata management tools (Microsoft Purview, Collibra, Alation, Informatica, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies and concepts (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.) is preferred
- Working knowledge of object-oriented development, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, Microservices, Dependency Injection with IOC containers, and both frontend and backend unit testing is preferred
- Proven ability to concentrate and demonstrate a capacity for learning technical concepts and adapting to new technologies quickly
- Strong Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) platform knowledge is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office tools such as PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and WebEx for effective communication
- Proficiency in Project Management and work item management tools such as Azure DevOps and Portfolio
- Proficiency in Program Management tools such as MS Project, Visio, and Excel
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and core computer science concepts is preferred
- Experience in existing Operational Portals such as Azure Portal is preferred
- Fluency with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, Go and experience with open-source software is preferred
- Experience in application monitoring tools and performance assessments: Splunk or Application Insights is preferred
- Experience in PowerShell Scripting is preferred
- Constructing, interpreting, and applying metrics to your work and decision making, able to use those metrics to identify correlation between drivers and results, and using that information to drive prioritization and action
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Snowflake is preferred
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and compliance is preferred
- 6+ years coding experience
- 5+ years of development in a large-scale, mission-critical environment
- 5+ years of hands-on work experience supervising personnel in a technical environment
- 2+ years' experience with automated testing including Unit, Integration, and End-to-End functional testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
As an Associate, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
- Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
At this time, GEICO will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
$120,000.00 - $261,500.00
The above annual salary range is a general guideline. Multiple factors are taken into consideration to arrive at the final hourly rate/ annual salary to be offered to the selected candidate. Factors include, but are not limited to, the scope and responsibilities of the role, the selected candidate’s work experience, education and training, the work location as well as market and business considerations.