Lead Software Engineer
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title And Summary
Lead Software Engineer
- Access Services Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it and supporting existing enterprise level applications. The team leads the Security implementation related to customer access and exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
- Team members may be Engineers, testers, analysts, Big data Engineers & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
- Technical Consultant at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations for both new and existing applications. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. Additionally, he or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
- Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
- Have you got the skills to be recognized as a Lead Engineer in a Scrum team?
All About You
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
- Knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development
- Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required & Master’s degree in related discipline Preferred
- Software development, design & architecture experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
- Hands on experience required and will be part of the day to day activities
- Combination of more than one technology platform including
Service Oriented Architecture
- Technical experience using Java/JEE/ Spring boot. Strong on Java Fundamentals
- Understanding of Micro Services
- Familiarity with Authentication, Authorization
- Strong Linux and shell scripting
- Oracle & PL/SQL and advanced SQL scripting
- Familiarity with middleware solutions like Identity and Access is a big plus
- Experience with cloud platform architecture like Azure / AWS
Nice to have
- Experience with middleware technologies like ESB, XML Gateway, WS-Security, Policy Management, and distributed Architecture
- Application Security including Information security principles & realization, web app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance (Security Design & Technology Skills )
- Experience implementing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking or payment solutions
- Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming and/or Lean etc.
- Working with cross functional teams to integrate web application, system to existing or new services using IBM identity and access management or any other Identity access management solution
- Onboarding of new consumers & customers for all their Identity and security solutions irrespective of internal or external customers
- Designing and implementing security- Server and Mutual Auth SSL mechanisms, AAA configuration, Policy Management.
- Design & development of monitoring solutions using tools like Splunk and other metrics systems
- Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with SOAP & REST API’s
- Working with Enterprise systems like XML Gateway, iSAM, LDAP and webseal and actively participate in R&D on new frameworks
- Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
- Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design tradeoffs.
- Work on Pre SDLC or Discovery activities owning and contributing to assigned activities related to technical feasibility & assessment, providing responses.
- Effective communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas with rest of the development team
- Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
- Provide guidance to team members implementation of solutions, automation and tools
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And, Therefore, It Is Expected That Every Person Working For, Or On Behalf Of, Mastercard Is Responsible For Information Security And Must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
O'Fallon, Missouri: $137,000 - $213,000 USD