As a System Administrator, you will play a fundamental role in maintaining and optimizing our organization's IT infrastructure. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee the installation, configuration, and maintenance of servers, networks, and software systems. With a focus on ensuring the reliability, security, and performance of our technology resources, you will be an integral part of the IT team, providing technical support and resolving issues to keep our operations running smoothly.
- Proactively be a part of an Agile development team to deliver an end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a hybrid environment.
- Assist in the creation of scripts and/or templates to automate and/or bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks.
- Assist in Identifying potential build/release pipeline bottlenecks and recommend solutions.
- They will provide workstation and server administration for cloud, physical and virtual server environments.
- They will work individually, actively participate on integrated teams and provide detailed daily reports to management.
- They will oversee and monitor performance and take steps to resolve issues.
- Responsible for adhering to build, deployment, and monitoring standards.
- Monitor and support all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Maintain backup, and redundancy implementation.
- Implementing and maintaining DISA STIGs or equivalent security management strategies.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and must have or be able to obtain and keep a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain an IAT-II certification within the first 90 days of hire.
- obtain the AWS certification within 6 months of hire.
- 3+ years of experience in a systems administrator or related role.
- Ability to work with a small team locally, including remote team members.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong willingness to quickly explore and learn new skills.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge on infrastructure as Code.
- Security first mindset.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code.
- Have effective verbal and non-verbal communication with peers and clients.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux/Windows based environments.
- Experience with Cloud and virtualization (AWS, VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure).
- Understanding of distributed systems and services, and familiarity with Docker and or Kubernetes Platforms.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or related STEM field.
We provide a competitive pay and benefits package. This position is offering a salary range of $100,000-$120,000 Belcan considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to education, experience, geographic location, and discipline. Benefits offered may include health care, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k); education assistance; paid time off including PTO, holidays, and any other paid leave required by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws.