Intermediate DevOps Engineer
Global Technology Services (GTS) is Aegon's global IT partner that provides infrastructure services, information security and global/corporate application support for Aegon's businesses around the world.
From 6 locations in the US, the Netherlands, UK, and Hungary, we support 20+ country units and 24000+ employees in the world. Our support consists of a wide range of centralized global IT services such as programming, database management, project management, agile/dev/ops, and more.
We continue to maximize the value from having a clear digital and data technology platform strategy that extends our ecosystem, as an approach to digitization, enhancing customer experience, and improving operational efficiency.
All of these teams work closely together to provide innovative and digital solutions as well as critical technology support. This is essential for enabling Aegon's businesses around the globe to be innovative, digital and competitive, efficient, and effective, and to provide the best solutions and customer experience for our customers and shareholders.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will work on an agile team with developers from internal business units to deliver business value and outcomes. You will help to develop, test, and implement infrastructure code to assist the team in achieving their goals. Work will be done start to finish by an intact cross-functional team using an agile methodology, and employing the assistance of a scrum master, product owner, and agile coach. Each member of the team brings unique technical skills and strives to cross train to gain additional technical knowledge across multiple disciplines in an exciting and dynamic work environment.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, Deploy and Support Cloud Infrastructure, as code artifacts or modules
- Install and Maintain Cloud infrastructure and applications
- Support and deliver using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Support resiliency and scalability using AWS and other cloud platforms
- Enable systems with automated monitoring and alerting
- Support the Team and Customers with day-to-day requests, Change and Incident tickets
- Support Technology stack refresh on Systems (end-to-end) when required
- Ensure automated security is built into each technology stack
- Understand and respond to emerging requirements and ambiguous technology decisions
What You Will Need:
- Four-year Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in supporting enterprise-level platform installations
- Experience working with cloud providers (Azure/ AWS, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development and planning methodologies
- Experience in performance monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting in an enterprise
- Understanding of the internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer
- Experience working in roles with a focus on security, including automated alerting and response
- An understanding of API’s and API Security
- An understanding of automated code testing
- Certifications in relevant technologies, methods, or platforms
- Demonstrate the key critical behaviors of commitment to task, communication, customer focus, decision making/problem solving, tolerance of ambiguity, planning, prioritizing, and goal setting
- After hour’s on-call participation may be required
- Some travel may be required not to exceed an average of 2 weeks per quarter
- Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The US salary for this position generally ranges between $91,200 - $125,400 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally in the US, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
£34,080 - £42,600 - £51,120
Expected Starting Salary Range: £34,080 - £46,860
- This position is also eligible for an incentive bonus
€ 48,119.19 - € 80,198.65
- This position is not eligible for an incentive bonus
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package.
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of persons and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.