Lead Solutions Consultant, Vertica
Opentext - The Information Company
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Lead Solutions Consultant
OpenText AI & Analytics provides market-leading solutions to help organizations all over the world understand the meaning in information. With vast amounts of data being collected, OpenText Vertica and OpenText IDOL meaning-based platform help understand the full spectrum of enterprise information, as well as the relationships that exist within that data. This platform uses innovative pattern-matching technology to help make meaning of these extreme volumes of data, to aid in reducing complexity, and to find value in this data.
OpenText Vertica is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling customers to monetize all of their data. Vertica's elasticity, scale, performance, and simplicity are unparalleled in the industry, delivering 50x-1000x the performance of traditional solutions at 30% the total cost of ownership. Vertica’s analytics platform provides organizations with a robust solution for organizing Big Data on a massive scale in real time. Vertica powers some of the largest organizations and most innovative business models globally.
OpenText IDOL platform allows computers to harness the richness of information, forming a conceptual and contextual understanding of any piece of electronic data, including unstructured information, such as text, email, web pages, voice and video.
What You’re Great At
- Providing detailed technical designs and enterprise solutions for our customers, to help resolve complex issues and ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts and solution design.
- Creates and supports sales activities. Assumes overall technical leadership for sales activities and ensures owners of delivery activities have clear direction. Provides strategies, ideas, and collateral for sales. Leads production of technical proposals, working across the company departments, for complex customer solutions.
- Maintaining knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
- Actively contributing to the company’s Vertica and IDOL solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects.
- Contributing to the OpenText organization’s profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical knowledge for deal proposal development.
What It Takes
- 12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total)
- Very strong database background & expertise in Vertica DB configurations
- Experience with installation, configuration, patching of Vertica DB and Management Console
- Experience with Vertica cluster expansion, migration, upgrading, and rebalancing in on-cloud and off-cloud environments
- Expertise in performance tuning and optimization techniques
- Experience with Vertica Backup, Recovery, and Restore
- Strong understanding of Linux OS, shell scripting, and python scripting
- Experience with at least one of the configuration/deployment management tools like GitLab, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- A sound knowledge of monitoring tools like Prometheus, Splunk, Cloud Probes & Moog
- Knowledge of IDOL or other unstructured data mining tools
- Experience with data pipeline ecosystem components such messaging queues, data lakes, and data visualization tools
- Analytics mindset with the ability to mitigate multiple issues and troubleshooting database issues
- Remote (ie non office based) candidates will also be considered
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.