Infrastructure Operations Engineer (On-Site)
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and first responders see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of mission critical communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The Software & Services group builds on this to create leading end-to-end mission critical operations for Government & Public Safety Communications customers. This position with our local NYC team is focused on Next Generation 9-1-1 Solutions. Our VESTA® Router Service provides 9-1-1 Authorities the cornerstone to their NG9-1-1 transitions in a way that fits their resources, budgets and timelines. Our VESTA® Call Handling solutions connect citizens to the help they need when they need it. Our commitment to standards and our flexibility, transparency and geospatial routing infrastructure for regional or statewide deployments add up to a sound investment with new capabilities to safeguard citizens.
Motorola Solutions is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer looking to move into a technical leadership role in one or more of the following areas:
Application Engineering (Telecom or Next Generation 9-1-1)
Monitoring System Engineering
Our Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted advisor relationship with every customer.
The Software & Service Implementation team comprises Project Management, System Engineering, Field Engineers and Operational Support personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
This Infrastructure Ops Engineer position will take responsibility for technical aspects of all assigned projects from deployment through operations.
- Represent Vesta Solutions Inc. as the technical expert for our private cloud solutions deployed within the customer’s data centers.
- Work alongside our customers in a mission critical, life-safety environment, supporting 9-1-1 operations in NYC - 24/7/365.
- Perform critical system maintenance and support in a DevOps, automation first environment.
- Support deployment and testing of the systems you will maintain through technical direction and methodology.
- Provide technical expertise for the resolution of complex problems. This could involve in depth analysis including the use of sophisticated analysis tools.
- Perform Tier 1 & 2 support functions as necessary to exceed stringent Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in software and security maintenance workflows.
- Regularly meet with customers to resolve issues and collaborate on ways to improve operational performance.
- Develop and automate integration and test processes and policies.
- Define, specify and/or recommend test tools and scripts necessary to accomplish integration and test activities.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of technical documentation.
- Function within an ITIL framework.
- Strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Be on-call for emergencies, but have a like-minded team to help.
Success in this role is highly dependent upon the ability to proactively learn the intricacies of the solution and work collaboratively. Successful candidates will take ownership of activities on the system and see them through to resolution.
- Curious and self-motivated to learn and develop new skills.
- Invigorated by solving complex problems.
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Cool under pressure.
- Able to work an on-call rotation for emergency response.
You have one or more of the following:
- Experience developing automated solutions to deploy infrastructure or applications (Python, Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab, JSON or YAML, Rundeck or Jenkins).
- Knowledge of VMware, Windows, Linux, and container solutions (VCD,NSX-t,ProxMox).
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools and platforms (Elastic, Science Logic, BMC Bladelogic).
- Experience supporting complex end-to-end network solutions in a Mission Critical environment.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration.
- Understanding of systems integration processes, requirements gathering, and software deployment.
- The ability to quickly gain a deep technical understanding of new topics/technologies.
- Strong knowledge in networking protocols.
- Familiarity with SAN-based architecture.
- Advanced level knowledge of incident response, detection and prevention.
- Proven track record of exhibiting strong judgment and adherence to ethical standards.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical abilities and ability to deliver high performance.
You get extra points if you have:
- Experience automating tests using Robot Framework.
- Experience with HPe, Cisco, Nimble, Metaswitch, Aruba, Arbor and Netscout hardware.
- Experience deploying or operating 911 infrastructure.
- RESTful API experience.
- The definition of idempotent.
Some travel (<25%) may be required for all project phases, from design through final acceptance.
This position will be On-Site in Brooklyn, NY, with potential to become more remote in the future.
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
Salary Range: $93,620 - $180,000 per year.
- Bachelor's Degree (BSEE/BSCE/BSCS) AND 4+ years of data center engineering or designing, building and maintaining large-scale private cloud environments.
- OR Master's degree AND 2+ years of data center engineering or designing, building and maintaining large-scale private cloud environments.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.