TEMP - Analyst, Business Systems
At Neurocrine Biosciences, we pride ourselves on having a strong, inclusive, and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We know what it takes to be great, and we are as passionate about our people as we are about our purpose - to relieve suffering for people with great needs, but few options.
What We Do
Neurocrine Biosciences is a neuroscience-focused, biopharmaceutical company with a simple purpose: to relieve suffering for people with great needs, but few options. We are dedicated to discovering and developing life-changing treatments for patients with under-addressed neurological, endocrine and psychiatric disorders. The company’s diverse portfolio includes FDA-approved treatments for tardive dyskinesia, Parkinson’s disease, endometriosis* and uterine fibroids*, as well as clinical programs in multiple therapeutic areas. For three decades, we have applied our unique insight into neuroscience and the interconnections between brain and body systems to treat complex conditions. We relentlessly pursue medicines to ease the burden of debilitating diseases and disorders, because you deserve brave science. *in collaboration with AbbVie
About The Role
Supports the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with enterprise software systems. Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and process-based solutions that are cost-effective and meet user requirements. Configures system settings and options; facilitates and executes acceptance testing; and creates supporting documentation for systems to meet business requirements. Consults with users in the area of business systems. May facilitate cross-functional teams as needed to address business or systems issues.
Your Contributions (include, But Are Not Limited To)
- Supports system enhancement and upgrade activities, implementation of new modules and/or functionality that may improve the overall quality of systems; may provide general training
- Consults with stakeholders and department representatives to determine requirements for enterprise systems, access, reports, and interfaces. Develops and updates deliverables including, but not limited to, configuration documentation, test scripts, and training materials
- Works closely with business stakeholders to develop standardized business processes that align with business needs, industry best practice and regulatory compliance
- Participates on project teams in the capacity of supporting application implementation, administration, and support; Escalates issues that might impact project deliverables as required
- Liaise with the user community, understands the nature and trending of issues encountered by end users and new project requests
- Ensures that deployed systems comply with all applicable legal, and fiduciary policies, practices and requirements related to Sarbanes-Oxley, Sunshine Act, and others as applicable
- Handles issues appropriately and with a sense of urgency
- Supports a variety of technology and business areas including, but not limited to IT, Accounting, Finance, and Purchasing. Advises the organization on applicable systems related topics as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in computer science or business-related field and 4+ years of experience supporting enterprise Saas business applications with core functionality in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain or Procurement, or more broadly, ERP. Exposure to, or experience with compliance requirements, such as SOX. Pharmaceutical and/or Life Sciences experience strongly preferred OR
- Master’s Degree in a related field and 2 + years of related experience as described above
- Working knowledge of SaaS-based business applications in areas of implementation, design, configuration, integrations, testing and reporting
- Ability to build effective relationships and collaborate with IT, business, and external vendor partners to implement, support, and update solutions
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining on-premises/cloud-based, integrated/stand-alone Systems and Software for one or more of the following areas: ERP, Finance, Accounting, Procurement, Supply Chain, HR, Payroll
- Understands key business drivers and uses this understanding to accomplish work
- Has experience in specific functional discipline while working to acquire higher-level knowledge and skills
- Comfortable with tools and processes that support work conducted by functional area
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Business acumen, collaborative approach and service focus are essential
- Excellent communication skills with astute attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent time and task management skills
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer.
We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and we recognize there are a variety of ways to meet our requirements. We are looking for the best candidate for the job and encourage you to apply even if your experience or qualifications don’t line up to exactly what we have outlined in the job description.