Data Analytics Associate
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Up to $28 per hour
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Requisition ID: 17159
The Laboratory of Epilepsy and Emotional Behavior seeks a talented and motivated data analyst to assist with innovating and streamlining the analysis of large scale behavioral datasets across mouse and human subjects. The ideal candidate should be fluent in Microsoft Excel, Matlab and/or R, and should have some experience working with time series. Applicants with prior practical knowledge of AI (artificial intelligence) or ML (machine learning) techniques are encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time position.
- Downloads and annotates publicly available neurophysiological/behavioral datasets (e.g., UK Biobank). Manages the storage of this data on our lab's cloud server.
- Applies analytical techniques (already established in the lab) to these data to study relationships between emotional wellbeing and neurophysiological biomarkers.
- Develops graphical user interfaces to enable the streamlined visualization of data.
- Collaborates with our national and international investigators to share our innovative analysis approaches and results.
- Contributes to the laboratory's publications through graphs, statistical analyses (mentored by the PI).
- Develops user-friendly R or matlab based graphical user interfaces to enable the rapid and efficient analysis and visualization of neurobehavioral time series data, generated from either human or mouse subjects. Takes a leading role in analyzing publicly available datasets shared through the National Sleep Research Resource, and other similar online resources.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in the sciences (biology, mathematics, neuroscience, physics, chemistry, etc).
- Fluency in Matlab/R.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.