Sr Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining and supporting LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructures and providing high-level technical support to managed service partners for regional and global voice and data network systems. The Sr. Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
- Manage, handle, and resolve of all network incidents.
- Manage on-going system changes and provide L2 and L3 support to managed services and helpdesk.
- Act as a point of contact for Business Unit and managed services contact.
- Perform daily administration and operational support in the area of network, security and voice.
- As needed provide onsite support for Corp Headquarters location in Plymouth Michigan.
- Manage or assist in managing and implementation of global and regional IT network projects and refresh.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and reporting for the network group.
- Network usage monitoring and performance engineering for optimal network utilization, availability, and stability.
- Network Threat and Vulnerability reporting and mitigation.
- Design, evaluate and implement cost-effective, scalable and secure global Networking solutions based on business requirements or priorities including LAN, WAN, firewall, IP telephony and network optimization equipment.
- Review and recommend using the latest technology on network related requests/projects/support globally keeping in accordance with company's IT policies and standards
- Provide audit assistance.
- Some travel is required <5%
- Some on call support is required.
- At least 5 years of recent hands-on work experience
- In-depth knowledge of network technologies, such as VLAN, STP, LACP, MPLS, L2VPN, Routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF), DNS, QoS, VoIP, Proxy, etc
- Experience with Cisco switching, routing, Nexus, F5 APM/GSM/LTM/WAF, FortiGate Firewall, IPS and SDWAN, Forti Manager, Forti Analyzer, Cisco ASA-X, Cisco wireless and Cisco ISE, DMZ is desirable.
- CCNA, CCNP or other industry recognized certifications is desirable.
- AWS and Azure Cloud Experience.
- ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Working experience with Cisco, F5, Fortigate and IOS including configuration and troubleshooting is required.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Bachelor Degree Preferred