Digital Content Solutions Architect
IT Solution Architect – Digital Content Solutions
Information Technology Services Delivery
We are adding to our diverse team of experts and seeking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business and clients.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) offers the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
We are seeking a Digital Content Solutions Architect to lead the architecture and development/configuration of digital content and regulated record management systems for business content and records per publication and recordation schedules. You will also lead and manage the transformation of processes and workloads from legacy systems to the destination platform(s).
You must be self-starting, hands on, with excellent communication and collaboration skills. In the role of an Information Architect, you will architect and design and enhance our current information layouts and displays. In this role, you will need to research and develop information layouts, prepare interactive and paper-based prototypes, analyze feedback from users/readers, and update our current information layouts according to UX trends and principles.
design, describe and manage application solution designs aligned to content and information management initiatives for internal and external content distribution . You will oversee architecture and design of critical IT systems for several areas within MRSI and lead multiple design initiatives concurrently while working with project managers, technical leads, engineers, and application architects.
This role will be closely aligned with the global enterprise architecture practice. As Lead Solution architect you will:
- Develop application and system roadmaps associated with applications transformation and modernization
- Develop flexible, adaptable, modular, and reusable solution designs in collaboration with business stakeholders and the IT development teams while ensuring alignment with enterprise architecture standards
- Support the definition of high-level operational models, and prepare business cases in alignment with the IT security and quality guidelines. Present business cases, for operational and tactical technical initiatives, for approval, funding and prioritization
- Uphold appropriate solution architecture governance processes and tools while maintaining focus on design patterns and technology standards
- Be the accountable individual for the finalization, acceptance and approval of solutions you architected, by relevant stakeholders
- Act as an enabler of Agile and DevSecOps practices in collaboration with product delivery and operation support teams
- Explore, evaluate and promote technology innovation within the organization
- Review high-level designs with technical leads and developers, review code, enforce best practices, assist with debugging critical issues, and enforce performance testing to deliver efficient and performant applications
- Be the responsible individual to identify technology risk(s) of initiatives you are leading as an architect and develop corresponding mitigation strategies
- Stay current on, evaluate and recommend the use of cutting-edge technologies and methods, considering their technical pros and limitations. Leverage market and technology trends to identify the business benefits of alternative technical solutions
- Support the requirements gathering process to right-size initiatives and solution strategy.
- Collaborate with development teams and assist with the application of Agile and DevSecOps techniques within architecture and designs
- Create comprehensive solution architecture specification documents and other required documentation
- Help maintain a business unit-level repository of architecture assets (platforms, services, APIs, technical dept, etc.) and promote reuse across the organization
- Align with and adhere to Munich Re global governance processes and tools while maintaining a key focus on design patterns and technology standards
- Act as a liaison between divergent business and IT teams to bring them together, mentor, share knowledge, solve problems, design common reusable assets and maximize the use of existing capabilities and frameworks
- Work closely with project managers and delivery leads to identify key design activities and owners while ensuring alignment and feasibility
- Support the infrastructure DevSecOps team by defining all non-functional system requirements for the initiative and ensuring that they are met
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities and qualifications:
- Experience in the insurance (e.g. UW, Claim, Policy Issuance) or financial industry preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, documentation and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of solutions and systems using custom built and CoTS / MoTS applications hosted in the cloud and on-prem.
- Experience designing solutions including policy administration systems, ERP and customer / agent-facing portals.
- Substantial knowledge of the system development life cycle and the scaled agile methodology. Certifications preferred.
- TOGAF certification is a significant plus.
- Demonstrate competence to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system architecture design, using state of the art rule/framework-based architecture, object-oriented component analysis and proficiency in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture and enterprise application architecture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management. Must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts both to business partners and team members.
- Ability to guide and mentor development teams on sound design and coding principles, best practices in API based, Micro Services and Cloud technologies.
- Experience in integration architectures from Service Bus to API mediation and event bus models.
- Strong knowledge of contemporary technologies and business trends that allows architecture to solve problems in a creative and cost-effective manner.
- Experience developing roadmaps outlining the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to desired state
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer science or related tech discipline or equivalent work experience
- Deep Knowledge and proven hands-on experience with cloud technologies
- 15+ years’ of IT experience with 6+ years of architecture experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills