Cloud Infrastructure Architect (Remote, Eastern Time)
With a company culture rooted in collaboration, expertise and innovation, we aim to promote progress and inspire our clients, employees, investors and communities to achieve their greatest potential. Our work is the catalyst that helps others achieve their goals. In short, We Enable Possibility℠.
We seek a bright and motivated Cloud Architect to manage the solution designs and continue the modernization of our company's on-premises architecture and strengthen our position in delivering private & public cloud infrastructure services for all Arch Organizations. The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will have complete ownership for driving improvements in the modernization and management of the physical Infrastructure Arch owns and/or manages in our own data centers as well as CoLo sites around the world, delivering hybrid cloud services. In addition, the candidate will work with various Arch Organizations across the globe to define the approach for cloud migration opportunities, review the existing implementations, recommend strategies to improve resiliency, simplicity and optimize costs.
This position will work very closely with the VP/CTO of Corporate Infrastructure and the Global Corporate IT organization. Please note, this role may require up to 10% domestic or international travel.
- Build and maintain a well-informed Cloud Infrastructure Strategy and manage the processes that deliver services such as virtualization, x86, IBM System i, Block and File Storage, Backup services across complex mission-critical environments.
- Offer guidance with cloud migration techniques & strategies.
- Working closely with the Automation team, enhance the Infrastructure Automation strategy for delivering Cloud infrastructure services hosted across hybrid clouds leveraging infrastructure as code (IaC) technologies.
- Establish processes to ensure adherence to Arch standards, controls, policies, and procedures working with various business units, Infosec organization, and stakeholders.
- Work closely with server and end user services engineers to improve on processes and policies to improve the services delivered.
- Extensive experience with virtualization hypervisor technologies such as VMWare ESXi
- Knowledge and experience of X86 and Compute hardware platforms such as Cisco UCS, Nutanix, HP ProLiant, IBM System i
- Knowledge and experience of storage hardware platforms such as Dell EMC, NetApp, Rubrik, Veritas
- Knowledge and experience of mixed Operating System environments including Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of multiple tier-1 cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.) and their cloud hosting and provisioning technologies.
- Understanding of network technologies such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, Switches, Routers
- Practical knowledge of monitoring and management platforms, and logging at scale
- Experience working in a strategic advisory role to senior IT and business leaders.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise infrastructure solutions with diverse solutions from multiple vendors on a large enterprise and global scale
- 5+ years of solid experience and understanding of multi-tenant data center architecture, including cloud architectures in design, implementation, and operations such as AWS and Azure
- 2+ years’ experience delivering active Cloud technologies and service hosted in Azure and AWS
- Ability to multi-task, meet project-specific deadlines, work in a team, and produce results independently.
- Good knowledge and experience with public cloud security best practices, adoption frameworks, and reference architectures
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, Business, or related field, preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, or any other legally protected factor.
Do you like solving complex business problems, working with talented colleagues and have an innovative mindset? Arch may be a great fit for you. If this job isn’t the right fit but you’re interested in working for Arch, create a job alert! Simply create an account and opt in to receive emails when we have job openings that meet your criteria. Join our talent community to share your preferences directly with Arch’s Talent Acquisition team.