Cloud Platform Engineer (Hybrid) - 15526
Enlighten, honored as a Top Workplace from the Baltimore Sun, is a leader in big data solution development and deployment, with expertise in cloud-based services, software and systems engineering, cyber capabilities, and data science. Enlighten provides continued innovation and proactivity in meeting our customers’ greatest challenges.
We recognize that the most effective environment for your projects doesn’t always look the same. Our hybrid work approach ensures that you can make lasting relationships with your team and collaborate in-person to get the job done—while having the flexibility to work from home when needed to achieve focused results.
Here Are a Few Highlights Of Our Benefits Package
At Enlighten, our team’s unwavering work ethic, top talent and celebration of innovative ideas have helped us thrive. We know that our employees are essential to our company’s success, so we seek to take care of you as much as you take care of us.
- 100% paid employee premium for healthcare, vision and dental plans.
- 10% 401k benefit.
- Generous PTO + 10 paid holidays.
- Education/training allowances.
Enlighten is looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer with experience in Cloud technology (AWS), Go programming skills, and Kubernetes. Will significantly contribute to the development of cutting edge technology. As a result, the candidate will be expected to work autonomously identifying and solving problems quickly while working toward broader strategic goals. Work is performed in a hybrid role.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- The Control Plane team is responsible for the platform that other teams deploy their services to and delivering a solid product to our customers
- You’ll also get to work with engineers from other teams to build new features and capabilities
- Implement platform services in Kubernetes
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on solutions
- Debug and troubleshoot critical technical issues
- Mentor new team members, both junior and senior
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Work with a distributed team of experienced engineers
- Collaborate with other engineering, QA and documentation teams to execute on product deliverables
- A Secret level U.S. Government Security Clearance is not required on day 1, but will be processed for one and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can also consider candidates with a current Secret or TS/SCI level clearance.
- 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
- Professional and in-depth experience with Go, with strong analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- The ideal candidate is a strong systems integrator with an eye for opportunity to enhance, optimize, or increase robustness of an existing code base
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and its ecosystem (i.e service meshes, scalability, volume management, etc.)
- Experience with working in a Kubernetes based environment
- Experience with developing and maintaining APIs
- The candidate should have experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform) and be able to leverage modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Have a solid understanding of Linux systems, hosts, networks, security, applications and proficiency in scripting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet with team on-site as needed.
- Experience with Kubernetes Operators/Controllers development
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and communication between services
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gitlab-CI)
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., Youtrack, Gitlab, Nexus etc.
We have many more additional great benefits/perks that you can find on our website at www.eitccorp.com [eitccorp.com].
Enlighten, an HII Company, is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans and Disabled Employer. U.S. citizenship may be required for certain positions. HII Is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force.