People Verification Team Coordinator
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are a rapidly growing company, so our programs and processes need to be as streamlined and efficient as possible, as well as help ensure compliance. As part of the People Project Management Office, you are a vital team member supporting our onboarding and new hire process.
- Support the Background Check and I-9 Compliance Programs for Rivian
- Follow prescribed background check process to ensure compliance with policy, laws and other regulations.
- Ensure background checks are initiated, tracked, and responded in a timely manner
- Partner with the Background Check team to initiate and communicate to distribute pre and final adverse action letters
- Knowledgeable of I-9 and E-Verify compliance / documentation process
- Respond to all candidate inquiries on Background Checks and I-9s in a timely manner
- Partner with vendor and internal stakeholders to ensure a positive candidate/employee experience
- Update and maintain accurate recods and official documentation
- Provide support to People Operations team projects, as required
- Pay Disclosure1-2 years of experience in an Human Resources Organization or supporting HR programs desired
- Prefer at least a year in reviewing and adjudicating background screens
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality with sensitive data and conversations
- Deliver strong customer services skills:
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Overall willingness to jump right in and feel comfortable with a high-volume workload in a remote setting
- Must be able to learn and apply quickly, as well as to dispense/share knowledge in a team environment
- Detail oriented, works well in a team environment and ability to work independently
- Vendor management experience is desired
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to research, compile, and present information
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com .
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.