Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
POSITION: Permanent, Full Time
LOCATION: Fully remote
Founded in 2013, Healios is a leading specialist digital healthcare company working to empower patients and families affected by mental health, autism and ADHD conditions to support long-term outcomes and wellbeing. Our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Healios is pioneering the world’s first digitalisation of NHS Mental Health Trust outpatient services, covering multiple complex specialist assessment and psychological intervention services. By digitising entire clinical pathways, we enable children, adults and their family members to receive and seamlessly transition between clinical services from the comfort of their home.
You can find out more about us by clicking here!
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into scalable data solutions.
Design, implement, and manage AWS-based data infrastructure, ensuring high availability, performance, and security.
Develop and maintain data pipelines that collect, process, and transform data from various sources into usable formats for analysis.
Champion best practices in engineering, ensuring code quality, maintainability, and scalability.
Explore emerging technologies and tools to continuously enhance data processing efficiency and pipeline reliability.
Contribute to design and implementation of data warehouse solutions that enable efficient data storage, retrieval, and analysis.
Be part of a lean, effective, engaged team that is mission driven and focussed on high-impact.
Demonstrate a keen attention to detail and an ability to dive into the nitty-gritty aspects of data processing and debugging.
Uphold strong practices and ethics for data security, privacy, and compliance with relevant regulations.
Mentor and guide junior engineers, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HEALIOS:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a data engineer, with software engineering and operations background.
- Solid expertise in AWS services (e.g. EC2, S3, EKS, Lambda, Redshift, and/or Glue) and cloud-native architecture.
- Familiarity with Python, DBT and Argo in ELT development
- Strong understanding of software engineering practices, version control, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- A passion for data architecture and the ability to envision and implement efficient data storage and retrieval strategies.
- Proactive attitude towards problem-solving and a willingness to tackle challenging technical issues.
- Exceptional attention to data security, privacy, and compliance considerations.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with proven success to influence without authority.
- Excitement for exploring new technologies and approaches, with a quick ability to adapt and learn.
- Experience with data modelling, data warehouse design, and dimensional modelling concepts.
- Previous experience mentoring or leading other engineers.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a remote environment
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Birthday & Life Leave days
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Fully personalised flexible benefits package
Enhanced family friendly policies Flexible, home based role. Company laptop, monitor and keyboard, plus an allowance to purchase additional equipment, CPD/Growth day per year, plus personal development allowance to invest in your growth Bespoke Healios Training, including schedule of monthly CPD for clinicians
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support
We’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the hiring process and we're always learning about different accessibility needs to ensure our hiring process is accessible for all candidates. We encourage you to be open about the adjustments you need so we can adapt our interview process. You can read more about Healios being an Inclusive Employer on our Notion page
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
“Do the right thing” is one of our core Healios values. And building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels supported is absolutely the right thing to do. Whether we’re developing a new service line or enhancing one of our products, we need people with different skills, backgrounds, identities and perspectives to ensure our innovations will work for the children and young people we are here to serve. By embracing diversity, we can deliver better care experiences and outcomes, while tackling the inequalities in healthcare provision that exist today.
SAFER RECRUITMENT & PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
Healios ensures that supporting people to be safe is at the heart of our work and a key priority across all areas of the organisation, We will do our absolute best to keep the people that we support, safe from harm. This starts with our recruitment processes.
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.