Senior Systems Services And Support Analyst
We at the Production Services (EI&O-PS) in Fidelity are a centralized support services organization in the Enterprise Infrastructure & Operations group of Fidelity. EI&O-PS supports 3000+ applications across Fidelity business units providing roster based on call rotation (follow the sun model). Services provided by EI&O-PS include Platform, Application and Batch Support via Incident management, Change management, Environment management, Cloud, UI, Middle Tier & Database Services, Mainframe operations, Release Services & Performance Engineering services.
You will have the opportunity to lead all aspects of production support - readiness, availability and resiliency of critical Applications, Batches & Infrastructure representing various business units while being centrally aligned to the Production Services organization. Offer a plethora of opportunities to augment knowledge across multiple dimensions of Technology at the same time retaining key focus on Cloud Computing (AWS & Azure) & Enterprise tools/solutions like Jenkins, uDeploy, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Datadog, etc.
This role will provide a truly predictable customer experience. Under times of market volatility and high volumes, there is an increased expectation of a consistent service level. In Fidelity, we strive to meet this expectation by building reliability into our ecosystem. This will be achieved though defining & implementing practices in Resiliency Engineering, Automation, Observability & Chaos Testing while also engraining a proactive Culture that thinks reliability first design. Solve stack-wide engineering issues related to hardware, software, network, applications, and cloud service providers.
The Expertise You Have And The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required
- 5-8+ years of hands-on experience deploying and/or supporting highly distributed multi-tiered systems at scale
- Hands-on experience with Public Cloud environments, preferably AWS and Azure. Certifications a plus
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration, preferably with Kubernetes
- Working experience on batch processing using tools like Control M, Informatica etc.
- Ability to solve application issues on Unix/Linux with J2EE, WebSphere, Tomcat and SQL
- Exposure to basic OS level scripting languages such as Korn/Bash/Jscript
- Familiarity with ITIL processes like Incident management, Change/Problem management
- Balancing delivery with ad hoc workloads and re-evaluating priorities
- Solid understanding of Cloud Computing and DevOps concepts including CI/CD pipelines
- Hands on experience with one or more observability tools (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK/OpenSearch, OpenTelemetry, Datadog, etc.)
- Use Datadog, Catchpoint, Splunk & Grafana for Application Observability and monitoring of app & infrastructure
- Experienced in Instrumentation with systems skills on building and operating, monitoring, logging, alerting services of distributed systems at scale
- Proven experience in maintaining scalability and resiliency of complex environment.
- Proven experience in implementing advanced observability practices and techniques at scale.
- Provide enterprise Cloud and Platform Engineering support for production environments and ability to participate in on-call rotation to provide solutions.
- Experience in Cloud development (AWS and Azure) and migration skills; Experience with building and operating highly resilient platforms in public cloud environments
- Ability to triage, execute root cause analysis, and be decisive under pressure
- Experience managing and interpreting large datasets using query languages and visualization tools
- Proficient communication skills with an ability to reach both technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to learn new software, method and practices and bringing them to our developers
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationships
- Proven experience performing chaos testing to build confidence in the system's capability to withstand turbulent conditions in production
- Strong understanding in API testing tools (SoapUI, Postman)
- Understanding of Agile Methodology
- Experience managing systems using infrastructure as code tools (IAM, ARM, Terraform, Chef)
- Handle a huge fleet of on-prem servers (including security & patching oversight)
- Handle hundreds of SSL certificates for all applications in scope
- Collaboration and Relationships - Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationship
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.