Technical Solutions Executive
Partner with Account-based sales executives and Channel Partners to lead new sales growth in our Architecture, Engineering, and Construction space. Translate customer business issues into technical solutions through application of experience, in-depth knowledge, practical skills, innovative thinking, and vision of assigned industry(s). Engagements will require important skills such as vision to plan an account strategy, industry experience, sales process knowledge, understanding of Autodesk tools and how customers will receive value.
This role is remote (home office) based within a specific region, aligned to your account assignments. You will report to your Technical Sales Manager.
- Evaluate customer's strategies and deliver knowledge on how Autodesk offerings can align to customer goals and outcomes
- Be the primary technology expert, in the account teams you work with, who brings leadership to customer planning, the customer engagement process, and sales content curation
- Build the technical business case for Autodesk solutions through discovery and solution fit using discovery workshops and solution building with the customer
- Position Autodesk technology as an enabler for driving the outcomes that solve their business issues
- Guide the technical discovery process to uncover business issues and how we can help solve them for our customers
- Present discovery findings and solutions to our customers
- Own technical relationship management that collaborates with internal subject matter experts to provide the right knowledge to the customer during sales engagements
- Find and develop advocates within the account to influence the success of Autodesk's solutions
- Demonstrate thought leadership to the customer and industries we serve to differentiate Autodesk through our vision to become a partner of theirs
- Collaborate with our Channel Partners and Customer Success teams to ensure customer satisfaction and adoption
- Deliver compelling presentations and messaging that achieve results from the executive-level down
- Communicate Autodesk's competitive positioning with customers
- Understand and lead awareness of customer's successes for realization of future value
- Stay up to date with industry and global trends, and develop new ideas to achieve revenue growth
- Influence product development and product direction through customer feedback and identified business opportunities
- Provide in-situation mentoring for Channel Partners on technical sales initiatives
In partnership with sales executives and channel partners, develop all technical aspects of the account plan and support execution on the agreed upon strategies for closing business for a specific set of accounts
- Lead whitespace plan development to uncover new opportunities within current account set. Engage with sales, business development, marketing, channel partners or customer success teams for execution
- Engage and contribute to the account planning process
Align with customer decision makers to secure technical closure of the proposed solutions
- Develop and deliver proposals and demonstrations which relate to customer's business issues
- Understand, position, and sell Autodesk's unique value in sales situations
- Capture metrics for quantifying and justifying the customer's return on investment to support impact on customer's goals and outcomes
- Bachelor or Masters in Architecture, Engineering, Construction
- 7+ years' experience in the Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or Owner domain / industry
- Technical knowledge using Autodesk solutions in AEC such as Revit and Civil 3D, Autodesk Construction Cloud and BIM 360, or similar industry software
- Selling and persuasion
- Manage workload independently and balance priorities
- Requirement: travel up to 50-70% (air and car travel) to customers and Autodesk sponsored events
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
From health and financial benefits to time away and everyday wellness, we give Autodeskers the best, so they can do their best work. Learn more about our benefits in the U.S. by visiting https://benefits.autodesk.com/
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. For U.S.-based sales roles, we expect a starting On-Target Earnings (OTE) between $176,600 and $255,640. OTE is comprised of base salary plus commission target for sales roles. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location and may exceed this range. In addition to base salaries and/or OTE for sales roles, we also have a significant emphasis on annual cash bonuses, stock grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Working in sales at Autodesk allows you to build meaningful relationships with customers while growing your career. Join us and help make a better, more sustainable world. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/careers/sales
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).