Software Solution Architect
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Software Solution Architect to join our team in the Logistics and Mission Support Operation within the Leidos Defense Group. In this role, you will help customers solve their more demanding challenges via technology, modernization, transformation processes, and proven methods and solutions. As part of a creative, forward-thinking team, you will help shape solutions to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. As a Software Solution Architect, you will continue the development of existing Leidos in-house tools integrated into multiple customer solutions, build custom tools necessary for our program teams to deliver effectively for our customers, and provide tactical engineering support for our software development teams. In addition to this, you will provide software engineering subject matter expertise in the development of optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered on programs, in proposals, or on research and development projects.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Architect solutions that leverage commercial force protection, fleet management, supply chain management, business intelligence, web portals and existing Leidos capabilities
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to determine and/or validate functional and non-functional requirements
- Provide support on a variety of design decisions including solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build vs reuse questions, early-phase project estimates, platform selection and technical designs
- Ensure compliance with all architecture directions and frameworks including technical, security, and regulatory standards
- Support customer and stakeholder meetings and technical discussions
- Lead the solution and/or software development for projects; through initial high-level technical design, into the detailed design phase, through the development lifecycle and into sustainment of the solution
- Develop bases of estimates for the equipment, software and personnel resources required throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Participate periodically in the development and review of software-focused solutions developed for Leidos customers
- Oversee progress of product development to ensure consistency with agreed upon system/software architecture
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
What Sets You Apart
- Bachelor's and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into a new project, learning new technologies and approaches along the way
- Being parachuted in for critical, short-term tactical work excites you
- You have an impressive breadth and depth of software engineering expertise and a solid understanding of software development process fundamentals
- For you, a vaguely defined project is an opportunity for creativity, rather than a frustration
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other STEM discipline with 12+ years of relevant experience (Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree)
You Might Also Have
- Some interesting personal projects to show off!
- Worked for government customers before
- Familiarity with common Leidos Software Factory tools and approaches
- An active security clearance
- Worked with or obtained certifications from major cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.