Product Support Engineer - Data Security
Data Security is essential for any business, large or small, and they need to have a security partner they can trust and grow with. Imperva is that partner.
Imperva is committed to data security and is a recognized leader in both Application and Database security, appearing the Gartner’s magic Quadrant as a leader in Application Security, WAF, since a WAF quadrant was introduced. Imperva is also recognized as an established leader in Database Security .
Being a leader in Data Security, Imperva is positioned so that it can protect in any environment; on-sight, public cloud and hybrid. Imperva currently supports the 3 major cloud providers Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud . Imperva’s hybrid solution allows customers to manage an on-sight and cloud deployment from a central management platform.
Imperva recognizes that customers are aggressively moving to the cloud , and therefore Imperva is delivering cloud based solutions to ensure they retain and enhance the security profile they had with their on-site deployments.
Imperva is looking for individuals who want to be a part of securing these dynamic environments and grow with Imperva as we expand our coverage and provide the latest in security methodologies.
A Product Support Engineer (PSE) is a member of a global team of support engineers that is dedicated to providing superior support and enabling customers to customize their defenses to fit their environment. A PSE also engages with all Customer Success teams within Imperva , and often is looked to o, to drive solutions with the customer in mind
- Handling level 2-3 support cases, working directly with Imperva customers, partners and Sales Engineers.
- Assess the severity and criticality of issues as they present themselves
- Perform Case Management, customer communication and proactive follow ups through our CRM system.
- Prioritize investigation efforts to attack the highest priority problems first.
- Escalating customer’s technical product issues to the Imperva Engineering department and working with them to achieve a resolution
- Maintain a solid understanding of existing Imperva product offerings, while tracking new feature releases.
- Contribute to the Imperva knowledge base, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
- Participate in rotating weekend shift schedule
- BSCS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Minimum 3 years of high-level Technical Support experience
- A dditional experience working with Secur ity or Network related products is preferred.
- Support experience with a record of delivering customer satisfaction
- Solid support experience working with t echnologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as tracert , tcpdump , and Wireshark
- Troubleshooting e xperience with Relational Databas es ( MsSQL , Oracle, MySQL, DB2 ) is desirable.
- Prior hands on experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies while leveraging past experience
- Experience with troubleshooting and deploying cloud solutions like those offered by AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell , Regex
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Container deployments and virtual storage solutions
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com , our blog , on Twitter .
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.