IT Infrastructure Engineer
The Infrastructure Engineer will be the technical leader that is responsible for the solution architecture, engineering direction and engineering capability for IT Infrastructure globally. This position is part of a team dedicated to solutioning, deploying and supporting infrastructure while adhering to company standards and best practices.
They will report to the IT Infrastructure Operations Manager and work with the IT team, its portfolio of supported companies, contractors, and third-party vendors.
The candidate will be a technical point for escalations from his team members, with responsibilities related to hardware/software maintenance and troubleshooting on a broad range of technology. They will be expected to explore and evaluate new solutions to meet our business expectations and will be involved in large scale projects that have significant impact.
- DUTIES Day to Day Operations
- Maintain/manage relevant systems (VMWARE, Azure, O365)
- Create/update documentation (SOPs, Visio Diagram, Runbooks)
- Lead by example in ticketing system (Fresh Service)
- Afterhours / Weekend escalation
- Point of contact in case of system outages
- Interface with customer and project teams
- Manage or be the technical lead on medium to large scale infrastructure projects
- Work with manager to maximize team efficiency
- Assist and troubleshoot various issues
- Adhere to company safety and security policies/procedures
- Travel to sites
- Community College or Special Certification or Training above formal education in Project Management Professional Certification or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years working with Microsoft solutions and back-office systems
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with LAN and WAN network infrastructure
- Minimum of 4 years Public Cloud administration (Azure, AWS, Google…)
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience working on an enterprise level operations team
- Minimum of 6 years working on and managing IT Projects
- Experience working with High Availability environments
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational, multitasking, and time management skills
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
What Mattr Offers
- At Mattr, safety comes first! We go the extra mile to ensure our employees are safe and healthy
- We understand times have changed and so have we. Mattr offers flexible work arrangements (where possible) to suit your needs
- Comprehensive total rewards package that includes competitive salaries, annual incentives, medical benefits, retirement savings plans, paid vacation days, education assistance programs, corporate discounts and more!
- Participation in service milestone awards and recognition opportunities
- Access to mental health support resources such as our Headversity mental health and wellness platform and free, confidential access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Rewarding growth opportunities (may include global career and travel opportunities) supported by personalized training, development and mentoring programs
- Commitment to providing a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace environment
- We prioritize our Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) values and offer a paid Volunteer Time Off Program, allowing employees an opportunity to support charitable organizations in their communities
- Company events, social gatherings and team building activities that promote fun!
- We’re working to create a better world. Join us!
Mattr delivers advanced material technologies and complex manufacturing expertise through brands offering engineered products, technology and solutions to support infrastructure projects & markets world-wide. Mattr brands: Shawflex, DSG-Canusa, Flexpipe, Xerxes and Shawcor.
At Mattr, we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company. We want you to join our team!