Manager, Data Engineering
AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care through innovative medical education, cutting-edge patient care, and groundbreaking medical research. AAMC IT plays a critical role in supporting AAMC’s mission by delivering the technology supporting all of AAMC’s mission critical services. IT is in the midst of a multi-year modernization of its large product portfolio into an API based digital platform while transitioning from on-premise to cloud services.
Significant employer 403(b) contribution
Public transportation subsidy
Generous paid time off program
Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership and sponsored sports teams
How Will You Make An Impact
- Lead and manage a team of data engineers and data management specialists
- Oversee the development and maintenance of our organization’s data infrastructure
- Manage the operational maintenance of enterprise and application data
- Drive the migration of our existing data infrastructure to cloud-first technologies
- Employ processes and procedures to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Apply data security measures to protect sensitive information
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify data needs and implement solutions
- Ensure that all data systems and processes comply with industry standards and regulations
- Stay current with new technologies and developments in the field of data engineering.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify opportunities for data-driven solutions.
- Participate in cross-functional projects to implement data-driven solutions.
- Attend industry events and conferences to maintain knowledge of industry trends and developments.
What You Will Bring
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Extensive experience with AWS, Glue, DMS, SaaS-based ETL tools, Oracle, Postgres, S3, Athena, Dynamo, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creative thinking abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to data quality and accuracy
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in data engineering
- Experience leading a team of data engineers.
- Experience leading an operational support team.
- Experience migrating from legacy databases to cloud-first databases.
- Experience working in a non-profit or academic medical community is a plus.
Remote Work Eligibility
This position is eligible for remote work in the contiguous US
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.