Data Management Lead - Future of Claim Technology
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$126,600.00 - $209,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?
This role is part of the technology and analytics organization supporting our dynamic, innovative and industry leading Claim organization. The convergence of technology, data and AI is creating an unprecedented opportunity to evolve the way we work and transform the claim experience. Claim Technology and Analytics has leaned into modern technologies and is relentlessly focused on creating an ecosystem that is nimble and well positioned for future business needs.
If you are an individual who enjoys solving complex business problems in a collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment and a continuous learner that embraces new tech and greenfield work, this is the role for you.
At Travelers, we create trusted strategic products and services to unlock the power of our data. We enhance and measure our ability to access, govern, manage, connect and integrate internal and external data assets and ensure our employees understand the value of data and the impacts to our business. As a Data Management Lead - Future of Claim Technology, you will oversee strategies and policies to promote effective data governance practices to ensure that data is consistent, trustworthy, and doesn't get misused. You will measure accuracy, completeness, consistency, and reliability of data to embody and promote Traveler's data culture values. Working with a team of data management professionals and consulting with business partners, you will ensure the adoption of data management, governance, and metadata policies, standards, and best practices in order to demonstrate the tangible value of strong data governance.
What Will You Do?
- Ensure the process of managing the availability, usability, integrity security and privacy of the data.
- Collaborate with partners and oversee the design, develop and implementation of innovative governance practices, roles, responsibilities.
- Ensure procedures, processes, and influence the development of remediation plans to assure data quality for business purposes
- Consult with enterprise leadership to prioritize business data quality requirements, specifications, and rules.
- Work with business customers to ensure appropriate naming definitions and standards are being followed.
- Provide vision of metadata repositories, data catalog, reference data management, and data lineage capabilities.
- Oversee root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues, including proposal and implementation of specification or procedural changes to address issue, working with impacted areas
- Leverage data management knowledge to create strategic frameworks for business solutions.
- Design processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance
- Consistently articulate and influence guiding principles and frameworks that align with the strategic vision
- Oversee the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Oversee portfolios and ensures resources are appropriately aligned to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives and/or problem resolution.
- May coach team members on performing complex data profiling and analysis and communicate results in support of data quality processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Excellent ability to use and coach others on Data Integration tools, one or more Data platforms, and Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following Tools and languages - SQL, Teradata, Python, Hive, MicroStrategy, Ab Initio, Messaging, NoSQL.
- Ability to understand metadata management, including metadata management, lineage, and cataloging.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to consult, present, and influence effectively to all seniority levels.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills with the ability to think broadly and strategically to identify and remove potential barriers to success and anticipate future challenges.
- Understand business goals and identify best practices to execute and influence others to achieve the goals
- Advanced organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and follow through to ensure timely completion.
- Advanced leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop team members, leverage differences, and strategically align resources to accomplish key objectives.
- Advanced understanding and influencing of emerging trends and new technologies in knowledge management.
- Advanced understanding of overall physical and logical data model and of data relationships, mapping, lineage and business rules.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or six years of relevant data and analytics, and/or data management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.