Cloud Platform Business Office (New Health Care Company)
Cloud Platform Business Office (New Health Care Company)
3M is establishing two industry-leading companies, creating value through the spin-off of its Health Care business, while 3M will continue to be a global material science leader, focusing our innovation to win in favorable global megatrends and attractive end markets. This new Health Care Company will be a leading global diversified health technology company with:
- Proven category leadership
- Exposure to attractive end-markets
- Innovation mindset driving improved patient outcomes
- Collaborative customer relationships
- Deep global regulatory experience
- Operational excellence and strong cash flow
- Strong sales growth and profitability with significant recurring sales
We expect the creation of the two companies will be completed by the end of 2023. For now, we will continue to operate as one global company. This role is positioned to drive the success of the "New Health Care Company”.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military experience to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a FinOps Lead you will be responsible for developing a program to build a FinOps culture across the company. This includes identifying and implementing cloud cost management practices, developing a showback and chargeback model, drive cloud optimization strategies and identify rightsizing opportunities. You will lead the selection of FinOps tools and processes to proliferate their usage. You will work in the Platform Services area to drive a cost-effective implementation of the dual cloud strategy.
You will lead, develop, and implement the processes and capabilities required to ensure costs optimization.
Here, You Will Make An Impact By
As IT Platform / FinOps Business Office Lead you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the cloud optimization practice. This includes but it not limited to a reserved capacity strategy, utilization optimization opportunities, product architectural recommendations to promote cost savings, and discounts for optimization.
- Drive implementation the processes and capabilities required that ensure costs optimization.
- Collaborate with technology teams to incorporate cost management best practices into cloud platforms via tagging, alerting and configurations that supports financial monitoring of cloud platforms.
- Create and oversee a cloud billing dashboard to track, manage and optimize cloud costs and Reserved Instance purchases.
- Perform consumption analysis to define and execute reserved instances and savings plans.
- Develop opportunities to optimize costs and operational improvement with key infrastructure and service providers by maintaining deep working relationships.
- Provide data and consultation about current and future cloud spend to application and resource owners
Your Skills And Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills to create effective collaboration.
- Knowledge of Cloud FinOps principles, cloud billing and optimization tools (e.g., Cost Explorer, Azure Portal, Apptio Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, monthly vendor RFPs).
- Familiarity with monitoring and governance tools such as CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, CloudTrail, Compute Optimizer, Trusted Advisor etc.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Certification: Cloud FinOps
- Engagement with Cloud FinOps communities of practice
- At least 2-4 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
For current employees, internal transfer restrictions may not apply. For more details, contact your local recruiter/HR team.
Work location: Choose 1:
- Work Your Way Eligible (Employee choice to work remote, on site, or hybrid)
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Chat with Max
For assistance with searching through our current job openings or for more information about all things 3M, visit Max, our virtual recruiting assistant on 3M.com/careers.
The expected compensation range for this position is $201,308 - $246,043, which includes base pay plus variable incentive pay, if eligible. This range represents a good faith estimate for this position. The specific compensation offered to a candidate may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant knowledge, training, skills, work location, and/or experience. In addition, this position may be eligible for a range of benefits (e.g., Medical, Dental & Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, Paid Absences and Retirement Benefits, etc.). Additional information is available at: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.