Senior Cloud Engineer
An engineer versed in cloud computing platforms that works with the business to implement solutions that increase agility, flexibility, and durability across diversified landscapes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Working under the direction of the Cloud Engineering Manager, a successful Senior Cloud Engineer (SCE) will work to implement and refine public cloud computing infrastructure. The SCE will actively participate with other engineers and developers across the organization to implement new workloads in public cloud and refactor existing workloads to meet industry and business best practices. The SCE will also work to develop systems, tools, and infrastructure that will allow teams engaging with public cloud resources faster and more consistently to promote growth and innovation.
- Advanced experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts to include connectivity and routing, especially as it applies to public cloud infrastructure and on-premise components.
- Experience supporting and deploying a range of public cloud computing services, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS deployments.
- Demonstrable skill and understanding of the concepts of Infrastructure as Code, idempotency, and repeatable tooling.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues stemming from both automation and cloud infrastructure.
- Advanced experience and understanding of high-availability, high-performance, multi-regional systems and potential public/private cloud hybrid environments.
- Ability to coordinate credential management as relevant to cloud computing as sourced from a multi-domain Active Directory Environment.
- Ability to operate from within task and project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, and GitLab Issue tracking.
- 5+ years' experience in cloud engineering or support role.
- Multi-cloud experience in AWS, GCP, and Azure a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working in an “agile-like” environment.
- General understanding of access management and the principle of least privilege.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proactively communicates with others and demonstrates clear presentation and communication skills.
- Associate Degree or higher, or 5 years of relevant Cloud Engineer experience.
Certificates, Licenses And Registrations
- Cloud certifications and training in AWS, GCP, Azure are a plus.
- Must be able to travel occasionally should a business need arise (less than 10%).
- Ability to work remote or onsite in Corporate location. This includes being mobile within the office, including movement from floor-to-floor using elevators or stairs.
- Ability to work in a setting which enables meeting all requirements of the role (including privacy, reliable internet access, phone, ability to video conference, etc.) at a remote location.
- Must be able to meet critical thinking and problem solving aspects aligned to job duties, as well as effectively communicating with co-workers.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant. Accommodations related to schedule may be considered.
- Participate in end-to-end root cause analysis and post-mortem reviews.
- Participate in compliance and security audits/reviews.
- Engage in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Able to access information using a computer.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strategiced.com.