The Technical Lead is a key member of the MRM technology team. This role involves solving complex and unique technical problems and requires the ability to collaborate with the Creative, Strategy, Project Management, and Business team leads. The Technical Lead will be required to exude extensive technical knowledge of multiple subject areas, including web applications, content management systems, development methodologies, and emerging technologies. The work on this account is highly collaborative and requires excellent communication skills, creativity, and innovative thinking. The Technical Lead also functions as the team leader and requires experience managing tech teams made up of architects, engineers, and QA analysts.
- Provide leadership and support for specific assigned clients through entire project lifecycle, ensuring technical requirements, specifications, and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Assist in gathering detailed system requirements and technical scoping of project requirements.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert, offering insights and guidance to the client team across a range of technology platforms.
- Assess client needs comprehensively and propose tailored technology solutions that align with their specific requirements.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of existing systems and applications by scrutinizing user requirements, procedures, and challenges, and utilizing findings to formulate informed recommendations.
- Lead the development of prototypes and proof-of-concept solutions to aid in organizational learning and new business development.
- Lead system architecture design and specification documentation
- Provide input to the development and maintenance of the overarching project plan.
- Provide on-going feedback and support to the software engineering team to refine and enhance project outcomes.
- Analyze, recommend, and define specifications regarding hosting requirements and deployment strategy.
- Lead the process of practice improvement within the technology department in the areas of repeatable software development processes, quality assurance, and rapid acquisition of expertise in new technologies.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management building holistic web-based software solution, API design, and interactions between servers and clients.
- Deep understanding and practical real-world experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver enterprise-scale digital products and platforms with emphasis on performance and scalability.
- Experience in performing requirements gathering & technical specifications driving the results to a SOW, budgetary estimates, or overall project plan.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated use of HTML5, CSS3 and modern front-end frameworks like Next.js, React, Vue, to develop performant, accessible, and maintainable frontend solutions at scale.
- Experience working across at least one major CMS platform (Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore)
- Experience with structured data, headless architecture, and headless CMS platforms (Contentful, Contentstack) and their integration into various digital channels.
- Extensive experience integrating RESTful Web services, GraphQL and 3rd party APIs.
- Proficiency in cloud hosting platforms, especially AWS and modern frontend hosting solutions like Vercel.
- In-depth knowledge of website performance considerations, best practices for SEO, and accessibility compliance (WCAG AA rating)
- Experience with web security standards and best practices (OWASP).
- Ability to analyze and understand complex workflows and processes, and to develop innovative approaches to streamlining and automating them.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles (SDLC) with a primary focus on Agile methodologies.
- Driven to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to talk to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with government related work.
- Prior agency experience
- Experience in modular web development, using Atomic Design and Storybook
MRM is a modern relationship marketing agency that delivers transformative creative solutions at the intersection of business, culture, and technology. MRM operates in a borderless, integrated way, to allow for greater collaboration and velocity—all to the service of helping businesses grow meaningful relationships with people. MRM is part of McCann Worldgroup and the Interpublic Group of companies (NYSE: IPG), and spans 35 offices across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.mrm.com.
We love our diverse workplace! MRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $160,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; the associated discipline; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.