Manager, Product Management, Card Core Platform
Capital One's Card Core Platform team is defining the roadmap that will enable our new and well managed customer experiences and capabilities, leveraging the latest innovations. In an industry rooted in mainframe systems and batch processes, we are driving toward a cloud-based, API/microservice architected, real-time data environment. The world is moving toward faster payments and Capital One is not just ahead of the curve, but defining it.
The Manager, Product Management for the Card Core Platform team plays a critical role in achieving our goals.
As a Product Owner you will work with architects, data scientists, service designers, process engineers and developers to translate human insights, dependent platform, app, segment needs, downstream user feedback, and technology capabilities into scalable, resilient, and efficient user-centric services. You will develop end-to-end solutions to help us better serve Card customers. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and have a passion for solving problems. You will leverage your design thinking skills, combined with your understanding of technology and business, to find creative and targeted solutions to our end users, as you develop new capabilities on our billing platform. You’ll need to be equally comfortable navigating the development with our tech partners as you are communicating user experience, operational fulfillment, and risk with our business partners. The successful candidate will flex between playing the Product Manager “exploration” role and the Product Owner “execution” role. You will also have full Product Owner authority for a critical agile team to bring this experience to life, co-located with the team(s).
You will own the following:
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts to build breakthrough experiences and products
- Participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Work closely with business partners across the enterprise to ensure your product functionally solves their needs, in the agreed upon timelines for implementation
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Partner with other PdMs and POs in performing prioritization of work based on product vision and use cases presented from across the enterprise
- Manage and groom the backlog of stories for assigned agile delivery teams
- Sit embedded with the tech team, working with them to resolve doubts and prioritize, negotiate, and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, and thought leader
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $160,200 - $182,800 for Manager, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).