Manager IT Commerce
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible.
We’re totally redefining our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and you will have the space to move your career forward in many different areas/directions.
IT at PMI
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future implies a shift from a tobacco manufacturer to a science and technology-based consumer facing organisation.
Such a shift creates an abundance of unique and transformative IT projects to match all levels of skills and ambitions. You’ll feel like you’re working in a start-up – with the freedom to shape and define the future of digital, but with the support and scope of a vast global business. You’ll get a chance to work with innovative technologies (e.g., Cloud, APIs, AI) as well as management practices (e.g., Agile, Design Thinking, Product Management). Our environment is fast-paced and highly collaborative. If you want the freedom to find new ways to connect with consumers, there’s no better place to progress your career.
Digital at PMI is dynamic, diverse, and innovative. Join us and become a part of a top talent team where you can bring new ideas to life in a global function that is a key driver of the success of our business.
We are seeking a highly skilled and technically proficient individual to join our team as the Manager IT Commerce. This role will spearhead the rollout of our global solutions in the US and will be the bridge between our Operating Center (OC) and the US business.
If you have a validated history of spearheading the development and optimization of intricate e-commerce engines, coupled with your deep technical expertise, this role presents a unique opportunity to lead our core commerce engine's success.
- Technical Strategy: Define and implement the technical roadmap for the core commerce engine, using your sophisticated understanding of e-commerce systems and innovative technology.
- Integration Mastery: Apply your advanced integration skills to ensure seamless connectivity between the commerce engine and internal platforms e.g., experience with integrated different LSPs and PSPs
- Security and Compliance: Collaborate with security experts to fortify the commerce engine against potential threats while ensuring adherence to industry regulations.
- Cross-functional Harmony: Apply your exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills to align the commerce engine with overarching business strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in e-commerce systems architecture, design, and intricate technical implementation, cultivated from similar organizational contexts.
- Advanced mastery of e-commerce platforms (e.g., SAP Hybris, Magento, Shopify etc.) along with related areas e.g. Loyalty, Fraud, Tax engine services, Payment providers
- In-depth understanding of API integrations, microservices architecture, and cloud technologies.
- Consistent track record of implementing agile methodologies and applying advanced project management tools.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling effective conveyance of complex technical concepts to diverse partners.
What we offer?
There are many IT Organizations out there, so why should you join ours?
- Annual Base Salary Range: range $136,000 - $170,000
- We believe PMI IT’s true strength is fuelled by our people, and that our success depends on them coming to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. We are a people first organisation committed to providing you with first-class employee journey. Here’s a glimpse of what’s in it for you upon joining us:
- Work-life balance: Wellbeing comes first. We offer a fantastic office environment and hybrid working options to ensure you have the best work-life balance possible
- Learning & Development: Your growth is a priority. Our robust and varied learning & development ecosystem will help you strengthen your technical skills and enhance your soft skills and intuition for business. The capabilities you will acquire with us will support your life-time employability within IT, PMI, and beyond
- Inclusion & Diversity: Our differences - much more than our similarities - generate the innovation we are looking for. We aspire to build a diverse and inclusive organization to access the breadth and depth of thinking and sensitivity vital to thrive
- We offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus (applicable based on level of position), great medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with a generous company match, incredible wellness benefits, commuter benefits, pet insurance, generous PTO, and much more
Every single IT colleague is part of our Transformation journey. Join us and pursue your ambitions – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress. If this offer resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you.
Together, let’s deliver a smoke free future!
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PMI Global Services Inc. and PM Global Brands Inc. are a subsidiary of Philip Morris International Inc. Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company, its shareholders and its other partners. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, as well as smoke-free products, associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. In addition, PMI ships versions of its IQOS Platform 1 device and consumables to Altria Group, Inc. for sale under license in the U.S., where these products have received marketing authorizations from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the premarket tobacco product application (PMTA) pathway; the FDA has also authorized the marketing of a version of IQOS and its consumables as a Modified Risk Tobacco Product (MRTP), finding that an exposure modification order for these products is appropriate to promote the public health. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2022, PMI's smoke-free products are available for sale in 70 markets in key cities or nationwide, and PMI estimates that approximately 13.5 million adults around the world, excluding Russia and Ukraine have already switched to IQOS and stopped smoking. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.