Senior Technical Program Manager
Chewy is seeking Senior Technical Program Manager (Sr TPM) in Minneapolis, Boston, or Florida to join our HR Systems & Solutions Delivery Optimization team. We are seeking someone who is talented, motivated, and ready to contribute their expertise to our organization. Come join a passionate solution-minded team and partner with us to optimize our HR Technology delivery strategy.
You will assist department leadership with roadmap planning, project scheduling and prioritization, and provide internal stakeholder visibility via centralized publishing services. You will have great communication and prioritization skills with a clear focus on providing the best possible customer experience. The ability to be self-directed, while still providing excellent service to partners, is critical.
What You'll Do
- Service Delivery Optimization: Uphold Delivery Optimization standard as a center of quality, productivity, and reliability.
- Create reliable processes that provide transparent visibility to stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Analyze internal processes and create strategies for service delivery optimization with focus on simplification efforts, process improvement, restructuring processes, and employee engagement .
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as HR, Operations, IT, Finance and product owners to analyze and define the technical needs, develop and maintain product optimization roadmap.
- Project Management: Lead cross-team and/or multi-phase projects from design through implementation with a focus on security and scalability.
- Develop a deep understanding of project requirements to assess scope of service delivery, KPIs, and future demand.
- Leads the project planning process; works with individual program/project leads to establish problem statements, plans, success criteria, business benefits, milestones, and dependencies whole mitigating technical feasibility.
- Conducts project risk and milestone assessments for program portfolio and actively mitigates portfolio derailments.
- Communication: Define a simplified communication strategy between program stakeholders / project streams to summarize progress, status, risks, issues, as well as provide executive summaries.
- Drive objectivity over subjectivity in the program status reporting and retrospective processes.
- Prepare modeling tools, dashboards, and data visualizations; analyze multiple sources of information/data, identify trends, translate data into insights, and develop recommendations for key communication.
- What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a systems or HR field of study) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading cross functional teams, building processes, driving consensus, and coordinating delivery schedules. PMP/Six Sigma Certification or similar credentials preferred.
- Expert / Role model in listening and understanding what motivates stakeholders, partners and leadership.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and the use of modern Cloud technologies and systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets, Excel, Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint.
- Extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle, solution alternatives, and strategies.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, presentation, documentation, troubleshooting and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with technical platforms (Workday, Kronos, Greenhouse, ServiceNow) and Data Visualizations (Excel, Tableau) preferred.
- Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
- If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.