Creates a visionary IT architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align business needs with technologies. Leads and facilitates the design and implementation of repeatable technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture. Defines and documents efficient and transparent architectural principles, standards, and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data, and technology within the Bank. Partners with broader internal stakeholders to define architectural possibilities and futures. Works with business and development teams to recommend processes or system design enhancements. Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated. Provides immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate applicable recovery, and ensure resolution.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Works with internal stakeholders to provide architectural recommendations and guidance and departmental presentations.
- Demonstrated high potential in scaling from application development responsibilities (bias for some hands-on experience) into broader solutioning abilities.
- Exposure to enterprise systems from a architecture and design perspective.
- Strong communication skills
- Leads and facilitates the design of technology projects and applications.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Reviews technical work.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids to accelerate delivery.
- Creates and manages key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate negative enterprise technology and budget impacts.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution and design that may impact realization of project benefits, and guides and supports stakeholders in making good decisions that proactively resolve or mitigate potential project risks/delays.
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs proofs of concept / prototypes, and recommends the applications of such technologies for future product architecture.
- Provides input into the preparation of business case.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization (e.g. sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks).
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities, and individual learning.
- Provides architectural expertise and domain knowledge to advise and guide senior leaders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Two years of cloud engineering experience with certification desirable.
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
- Sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer’s business processes.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and its applicability to successful delivery of technical change.
- Understands the strategic technical direction of: middleware, continuous Integration and continuous deployment, testing, systems management, enterprise data & access layers, and pertinent styles of computing,
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of various complexities.
- Expert knowledge in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
Compensation and Benefits:
$96,300.00 - $137,550.00
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group’s hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for part-time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked.
Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group’s total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: www.bmousbenefits.com.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/us/en
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.