Senior Cloud Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, You Can Do Work That Matters, Grow, And Learn, Care For Yourself And Family, Be Your True Self And Live a Full Life. You’ll Also Have Access To
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The cloud engineering function provides in-depth technical expertise of cloud services, including cloud architecture, provisioning, and technical support of cloud platforms as well as assist the big data / IM team in realizing NextGen IM goals.
This role will be based out of Abbott Park, Waukegan IL and part of the centralized team responsible for building and managing cloud based advanced analytics products/ solutions in Abbott
What You’ll Work On
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms and creating architectural designs based on business needs
- Collaborating with business teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Conduct cloud platform monitoring and capacity planning.
- Review, assess and improve existing cloud platform systems.
- Assist in educating teams on implementing new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Design, develop and deploy modular cloud-based systems.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage, pipelines, and processing functions in accordance with company policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities.
- Review cloud infrastructure for cost savings opportunities and create savings recommendations.
- Assist in developing cloud platform standards and procedures.
- Automate cloud infrastructure deployment with infrastructure as code tools.
- Interact with business stakeholders, provide cloud support, and recommendations based on business needs.
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical business and executive leaders
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- 7+ years’ experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in cloud computing, specifically in the design, building, deploying and system administration of cloud services.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with CI/CD processes, and platform automation.
- Required hands-on experience with AWS/Azure cloud solutions and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Preferred experience in one or more of Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM, Git, AWS CLI, and Azure CLI.
- Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $80,700.00 – $161,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.