Senior Software Engineer - Cloud (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, SaaS, cloud experience and drive the growth at Splunk.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around scalability, reliability and resiliency.
- Demonstrate service ownership and provide support to internal customers and stakeholders
- Design and build advanced CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines; help teams debug and build projects and workflows
- Develop tools and services that enable developers to quickly build and test software rapidly in a secure fashion
- Mentor early career engineers provide technical and cultural guidance
- Build a great customer experience for engineers using our Infrastructure.
- Provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access infrastructure.
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation in support of services owned by the team.
- CI/CD and tooling expertise. Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, Azure/AWS/GCP, Gitlab, Ansible.
- Data structures and algorithms. A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Observability infrastructure expertise to ensure 24/7 operational excellence and data driven decision making.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python.
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field or 5+ years of progressive experience.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable, national, federal, state or local law.
Note Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https //splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range $163,200.00 - 224,400.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range $148,000.00 - 203,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range $136,800.00 - 188,100.00 per year