Technical Support Specialist
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist are to provide high-touch support to end-users by identifying, researching and resolving problems and issues potentially related to patient devices (iOS/Android) or Medidata Clinical Cloud. The Technical Support Specialist provides technical product and usage support to internal,external customers and patients. The Technical Support Specialist receives issues that the Tier I team could not resolve. The Technical Support Specialist has a comprehensive understanding of various internet technologies, handheld and tablet devices, and can troubleshoot issues from configuration to implementation. He/She takes an active role and full ownership in escalations beyond Technical Support ensuring timely resolutions.
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist, eCOA are to provide high-touch support to end-users by identifying, researching and resolving problems and issues potentially related to patient dev
- Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple teams and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
- Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- A seasoned analyst with a proven record of satisfying clients.
- Is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the first/second line support.
- Customer focus and a proven proactive approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences, or equivalent engineering experience
- SQL Server-specific training/work experience
- Intermediate experience with SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Intermediate experience with C#, Visual Studios and ASP.NET
- Experience with application debugging
- 1 – 3 years of experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical / Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
- Basic experience with Ruby, Java and HTML code
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Medidata are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Medidata is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Medidata will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.