ICT Associate, Service Desk, Information Technology Solutions Office, New York, G7
Applicants applying for UNFPA General Service posts located in New York must have a valid G-4 visa or U.S. Permanent Residency or U.S. Citizenship at the time of their application.
Additionally, applicants must have passed the UN Clerical Test (GGST/ASAT) in order to be eligible to be appointed to this position.
The Information and Communications Technology Associate position is located in the Information Technology Solutions Office (ITSO) at Head Quarter. S/He will be supervised by the Telecom Specialist. The incumbent provides support to the Head Quarter users on ICT related tasks. The incumbent coordinates implementation of UNFPA ICT development and security standards.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
In direct support of HQ ICT policies, strategy and plans, the ICT Associate ensures proper and effective use of ICT in the Head Quarter. Key results expected include:
- Implementation of Corporate ICT plans and strategies,
- Effective customer support,
- Management of resources,
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all ICT Systems.
You would be responsible for:
- Administrate and manage user accounts, password and AD/Google/AoDocs/Global Directory.
- Assist and support HQ and field offices end users on ICT related issues, including: computer installation, configuration, and first level-repairs; network connectivity problems; coordination of repair services; and support for UNFPA standard software (Google Workspace, MS Office, Web Mail/calendar, End-user security tools, etc.)
- Assist staff mobility and relocation, including data transfer, file conversion, system reconfiguration, application and licenses access.
- Manage ServiceDesk log, reports and knowledge data base on ICT related issues.
- Collaborate with the Telecom Specialist and System Administrator in the installation of commercial and corporate software and related upgrades. Identify installation options specific to the office’s needs.
- Assist in the installation, configuration and testing of new hardware and software. Coordinate with vendors on implementing and maintaining ICT software and licensing.
- Management and maintenance of network profiles, user groups, printer queues, printer servers, and login scripts.
- Configure network printers, badge printing, other office automation equipment, and provide user access.
- Advise and assist users in cloud backup procedures. Provide assistant to separating staff on backup and handover cloud storage space.
- Document hardware configuration and support procedures, develop and maintain technical instructions and user guides. Provide basic ICT training to the staff.
- Maintain HQ ICT asset register, ensuring all assets are tagged and accurately recorded in the register and asset decommissioning.
- Assist and backstop Network Infrastructure, Security and Telecom teams in essential IT initiatives: network and system monitoring and upgrades, VoIP and collaboration tools support, servers load, network security and access rights.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Undergraduate degree in computer science, electronic engineering or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years experience in the support of ICT Systems and Software in a large multinational organization.
- Minimum 3 years in implementing and supporting cloud-based business supporting suite.
- Proficient in the use of main computer hardware manufacturer, such as DELL, Lenovo, HP.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory system.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio.
- Experience in use of other supporting software/services such as DocuSign, Jira, Checkpoints, Crowdstrike etc.
- Direct experience in supporting Google G-Suite Business and workspace is desirable.
- Experience with CISCO based network infrastructure, including voice and video will be an advantage.
- Ability to quickly resolve systems/hardware/software problems.
- Ability to implement IT training plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage project plans.
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Fluency in English
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change,
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact,
- Planning, organizing and multitasking,
- Logistic support,
- Managing information and workflow,
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports,
- Job Knowledge.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.