Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer
The Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of a variety of IT cloud solutions. Responsibilities for this role will include promoting and implementing innovative solutions within hybrid and cloud-based networking, virtualization, infrastructure, and secure endpoint environments and to implement best practices across cloud technologies.
This role will be able to demonstrate knowledge with the implementation and/or support of hybrid environments. Cloud experience within infrastructure platforms is preferred. This position will exhibit a consultative communication style to clients on cloud solutions and must be willing to grow technology and infrastructure fundamentals with self-paced and formal training, provided by BDO Digital as needed.
- Job Duties Develops cloud infrastructure skills to be able to design, troubleshoot and implement infrastructure solutions including:
- Azure or AWS Cloud solutions to promote innovative technologies to solve business problems
- Virtualization with Hyper-V and/or VMware
- Disaster recovery and high availability solutions
- Server and storage hardware or converged infrastructure
- Basic networking, load balancer, application gateway, and firewalls configuration
- Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), Active Directory + Azure AD deployment and integration
- Domain and tenant migration
- Travels locally to client sites, as needed
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Two (2) or more years of technical infrastructure implementation experience with increasing responsibility within Cloud Solutions (Azure or AWS) or Microsoft Stack, required
- Some background in server virtualization (Hyper-V or VMware), Active Directory and networking, required
- Aptitude for working in a consulting environment, required
- TechnologyOne or more of the following, required:
- Azure or equivalent AWS resource management
- Enterprise Mobility + Security components
- Server Virtualization in Hyper-V or VMware
- Application Virtualization in Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp
- Domain, tenant and infrastructure migration tools
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of EMS for security, governance and centralized authentication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, identify solutions, and appropriately escalate issues
- Strong analytical, facilitation, documentation, and communication skills
- Strong project planning, scoping and management skills
- Client facing consulting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Capacity to work in a deadline-driven environment while handling multiple projects/tasks simultaneously with a focus on details
- Capable of successfully multi-tasking while working independently or within a group environment
- Capable of working well under pressure while dealing with unexpected problems in a professional manner
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
Enterprise Mobility + Security, EMS, Microsoft System Engineer, Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, O365, Virtualization, Wireless Architecture, Routers, Switching, Firewalls, Integration, Endpoint Manager, SCCM, SCOM, Intune, Cloud, Security, NetApp, EMC, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Skype for Business (formerly MS Lync)
BDO delivers assurance, tax, digital technology solutions and financial advisory services to clients throughout the country and around the globe. We offer numerous industry-specific practices, world-class resources, and an unparalleled commitment to meeting our clients’ needs. We currently serve more than 400 publicly traded domestic and international clients.
- Unparalleled partner-involvement
- Deep industry knowledge and participation
- Geographic coverage across the U.S.
- Cohesive global network
- Focused capabilities across disciplines
BDO brings world-class resources and exceptional service to each and every one of our clients. BDO USA is a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest accounting network.
BDO offers a competitive Total Rewards package that encompass so much more than – “traditional benefits”. Our wide range of rewards and our employees’ ability to customize rewards to their individual needs are two of the reasons why BDO has been honored with so many workplace awards, including 100 Best Companies for Working Parents, Working Mother 100 Best Companies, Top Entry Level Employer, 2022 National Best & Brightest Companies to Work For and more.
Some Examples Of Our Total Rewards Offerings Include
- Competitive pay and eligibility for an annual performance bonus.
- A 401k plan plus an employer match
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and prescription insurance from day one
- Competitive Paid Time Off with daily accrual from day one of employment, plus paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Firm paid life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Additional offerings include BDO Flex, Group Legal insurance, Pet insurance and Long-Term Care Insurance
Above offerings may be subject to eligibility requirements.
Click here to find out more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
"BDO USA, P.A. is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability"