Lead Data Engineer
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Open to remote work except in South Dakota, Vermont and West Virginia.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $112,600.00 in our lowest geographic market to $251,800.00 in our highest geographic market. Actual salary will vary based on a candidate's location, qualifications, skills and experience.
Information About Benefits Can Be Found Here .
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Engineer to join a critically important team passionate about building high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant Cloud-Based service platforms that drive Nike's Digital transformation and growth strategies. The Lead Software Engineer serves as a technical domain expert for one software engineering team. They embody a strong sense of ownership, a bias for action, and an innovative mentality. They'll gain hands-on leadership experience in performing technical code reviews to help junior engineers thrive in a globally distributed team.
What You Will Work On
In this role, you will design and implement product features in collaboration with business and Technology partners. The ED&AI (Enterprise Data & Artificial Intelligence) team ensures trusted data is available and consistent, captures high-quality consumer data, builds analytical products and capabilities, and enables fast and seamless integration across Nike's technology solution. We purposefully innovate creative solutions needed to help Nike thrive in the marketplace.
Who You Will Work With
You will be working with a team of inquisitive, committed, and creative people, including your Engineering Manager, Product Management team, Architects, Engineers, Data Analysts, Internal partners, and other departments. They will span various groups including Enterprise Data and Artificial Intelligence, Privacy, Enterprise data governance, and distributed work offices in different geographies. One of Nike's maxims is "Win as a Team". In all interactions, you will find success in collaboration, a positive demeanor, and hard work.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or other related fields of study; or any combination of relevant equivalent experience, education, and training
- 8+ years of proven software development expertise
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in Technical leadership/mentorship in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline software development environment
- 5+ years with microservices architecture, domain-driven design, and RESTful services using languages such as TypeScript/ Node, GoLang, and Rust
- 3+ years proven experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon (AWS) EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS)
- 3+ years in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Prior experience with Programming (Databricks, Python/Scala); Monitoring and Tracing Tools (Splunk, SignalFx, New Relic), and Processing Frameworks (Spark, Hive)
- Experience with driving culture changes using DevOps, Agile, and Scrum principles and practices
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best - and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key.
- This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles
Whether it's transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness - inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.