Cloud Security Engineer
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions’ Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Cybersecurity Cloud Security Engineer contributes to the advancement of Cybersecurity strategy. The primary focus of this role includes developing, communicating, and implementing robust and secure cloud continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines. This role works closely with stakeholders to create fully automated pipelines which support current Cloud Security best practices.
- Supports and administers an enterprise wise Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) solution and reviews, designs, and develops related security operational processes, standards, and procedures
- Implements CASB platform integration with additional cloud services (SaaS, PaaS, laaS)
- Designs and develops fully autonomous pipelines which facilitate Cybersecurity deployments which includes automation of all infrastructure, services and application build and deployment
- Automates operational activities and tasks
- Provides technical administration to include troubleshooting support, break-fix operations, patching, and other day-to-day activities required to maintain the health of servers and cloud application.
- Monitors and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs
- Creates, maintains and interprets operational documentation and reports to support monthly trend analysis as well as project components
- Leads the research, evaluation, proof-of-concept, selection and implementation of technology solutions
- Provides detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options
- Promotes implementation of new technology, solutions and methods to improve business processes, efficiency, effectiveness and value delivered to customers
- Analyzes quality reviews of current solutions and provides technical guidance to improve overall security
- Participates in security incident response activities and post-event reviews of security incidents
- Serves as a SME for the design, implementation, and maintenance of CASB solutions to business areas, project teams and vendors
- Leads and implements efforts to examine the technology vision, opportunities and challenges regarding security standards and the impact of the technology
- Coordinates with internal teams to implement data loss prevention and cloud security solutions aligned with corporate business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Offers advice and guidance to junior engineers, assisting in the development of technical skills and knowledge
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related field and eight years (8) years of Information Technology/Cybersecurity experience to include some relevant Cloud Security experience
- High School Diploma or GED and ten (10) years of operational experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Base Technology or Security Certifications (e.g. CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CCENT, CCNA, MCSA, etc.)
- Experience with metadata management and data tagging as well as creating custom data analytics for data security
- Experience with Zscaler, Proofpoint, Microsoft Data Protection, and Microsoft Information Protection (Data Labeling).
- Knowledge of data classification solutions
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud application and CASB architecture, system policies, and rules
Skills And Competencies
- Knowledge of Data Protection policies, Web filtering policies, and CASB policies.
- Advanced ability to adapt and apply information to new scenarios and technologies
- Advanced ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Knowledge of common web technologies, cloud technologies, enterprise, and network architecture
- Knowledge of data protection controls as well as modern security tools and controls
- Knowledge of or demonstrated experience with defense in depth, trust levels, privileges, and permissions
- Strong verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with Terraform.
Pay ranges are job specific and are provided as a point-of-market reference for compensation decisions. Other factors which directly impact pay for individual associates include: experience, skills, knowledge, contribution, job location and, most importantly, performance in the job role. As these factors vary by individuals, pay will also vary among individual associates within the same job.
The target information listed below is based on the national range and level of the position.
Job Range Target:
Incentive Pay Plans
Opportunity to participate in the Long Term Incentive Plan.
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that "one size does not fit all" for benefits-eligible associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Riverchase Operations Center
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans