Analyst, SW Support
Role: TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST
ISS NTAM Production Maintenance and Support organization is looking for a Technical Support Analyst who can work under general supervision (but works independently), responsible for day-to-day production support for multiple Asset Management Digital and Cloud Based applications. ISS NTAM Production maintenance and Support organization is responsible for 24x7 production support across globe (APAC, EMEA and North America) for various applications of the Asset Management business units at Northern Trust Company.
NTAM Application Support has responsibility for the technical support of our Asset Management Digital and Cloud Based applications running both on and off premises. This role will support our NTAM business partners and clients and will liaise with upstream and downstream application teams as well as external vendors.
The ideal candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication skills and a solid understanding of technology in a financial institution, including trade applications. Some night/weekend support may be required. Candidate should be available Monday – Friday with individual schedules based on coverage rotation/duties.
- Candidate will be responsible to provide L1/L2/L3 Support, Monitor and provide support to production streams and provide expert knowledge on all workflow designs for supported applications.
- Candidate should be able to troubleshoot (review, analyze and resolve) production issue including job failures, and be able to apply code fixes on an as needed basis.
- Candidate should be able to work with Business partners to analyze and resolve their queries and ensure compliance to all controlled processes according to business and IT requirements.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with all stakeholders within IT and Business teams and provide support.
- Monitor and attend to all alerts and escalate production issues as needed to relevant teams and management.
- Coordinate with various teams including offshore support staff and raise support tickets for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution of all production processes.
- Candidate will be responsible to attend on-call after office hours including weekend to support High and Critical production issues.
- Actively contribute to the supportability of the applications as well as continuous service improvement (CSI) projects.
- Develop understanding of NT’s systems and products utilizing reference materials and support procedures.
- Present IT in a professional manner, exhibit customer service values in line with NT’s A Approach.
- Adherence to corporate standards at all times.
- Knowledge of Power BI will be added plus.
- Skills / Experience 3-5 years of experience in a technical business facing (face to face) role within a financial institution or similar preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with a solid technical background are essential as is the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate can explain technical issues in layman’s terms and translate business needs to technology teams and back.
- Team player will be working as part of a global support team, cross training and supporting multiple critical Asset Management Cloud Based applications.
- Experience in incident management, understanding of ticket workflows and use of escalation.
- Problem resolution in an analytical and logical manner, to troubleshoot root cause and resolve production incidents.
- Works closely with other technology teams such as Development, Infrastructure and Vender teams.
- Individuals who embrace AGILE principles and practices
- Experience in SCRUM and KANBAN framework
- Extensive Knowledge of Unix/Linux Commands and scripting
- Extensive Knowledge of Oracle and MSSQL / Synapse SQL
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Azure / Datafactory
- Extensive Knowledge of Python Scripting
- Experience in XP and DevOps technical practices
Working With Us
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.