Manager, Disaster Recovery
This role can be 100% remote anywhere in the United States
BMO is seeking Disaster Recovery (DR) Specialists to join the global DR team that drives the testing program and advances the state of art at BMO for best in class DR solutions. To address the ever-changing threat landscape, BMO is taking an innovative approach to Disaster Recovery that is more than simply testing governance but looks to new solutions in solving the technical aspects DR risk prevention and recovery. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical expertise that goes beyond traditional DR testing. The DR Team is part of the broader Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) at BMO and is responsible for all aspects of DR testing governance for all product lines.
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and, recommends solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Manages complexity across business value, technology, and interaction models.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of various complexities.
- Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Contributes to the development of the seed funding request by ensuring project scope and benefits are clearly articulated and risks are identified.
- Enables groups to successfully accept changes by informing stakeholders of their implications; recommends actions as appropriate.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for senior leaders.
- Acts in a larger project planning capacity.
- Audits the quality of reports submitted by analysts and provides related coaching and support.
- Supports the Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) with vendors if required.
- Leads the preparation of end user reference materials and prepares end-user training materials.
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Ensures system specifications meet expectations/requirements, and negotiates solutions.
- Creates documentation to ensure the supportability of analyses.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and devises new ways of applying them.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements with stakeholders.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen business analysis capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across BMO.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Acting as a point of contact for disaster recovery efforts.
- Partnering with technology delivery teams to provide guidance in developing and documenting DR plans.
- Working with multiple technology teams and client project team members to establish and maintain a strong customer-focused working relationship.
- Implement best practices to sustain strategic planning initiatives.
- Review and validate Disaster Recovery technical processes.
- Champion significant projects when needed.
- Candidate will interface with application teams and other infrastructure functions to ensure Playbooks completeness.
- Managing Disaster Recovery documentation, testing, and plan maintenance.
- Coordinating periodic (quarterly, annual) disaster and recovery testing.
- Providing reporting and metrics related to DR test results, risks, and potential impacts.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Technical background and experience in areas such as: product development, networking, database and backup management or operational delivery support.
- Experience with cloud disaster environments for data center, AWS, and Azure environments.
- Knowledge of network architecture concepts.
- Experience testing technology disaster recovery plans.
- An understanding of disk replication technologies.
- Understanding of backup systems and their replication and recovery methods.
- Working knowledge of standards and guidance related to BCM & DR (e.g. FFIEC, NIST, ISO 22301:2019).
- Cloud Certification is a plus.
- Professional certification within the Business Continuity domain is a plus.
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Compensation and Benefits:
$73,200.00 - $104,550.00
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group’s hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for part-time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked.
Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group’s total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: www.bmousbenefits.com.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/us/en
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.