Senior Platform Architect
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title And Summary
Senior Platform Architect
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Distributed Platforms team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Mastercard’s Distributed Platforms team is responsible for the deployment, configuration, maintenance, backup and support of multiple on-premise and cloud hosted data centers. In this role, you will be given the ownership and resources to solve challenging technical problems. Our Systems Engineers have the opportunity to build a long-term and exciting career in a dynamic technology oriented and rapidly growing organization.
Senior Platform Architect
Are you an experienced information technologist who is excited by…
- Automating routine tasks and making systems more efficient?
- Being part of an innovative, technologically advanced team?
- Learning about new and staying on the cutting-edge of technology?
- Working through challenging technical problems of designing & deploying additional environments in new datacenters as we scale globally?
- Procuring, installing, managing, and monitoring physical and virtual infrastructure in both local and remote geographies
- Automating commonly performed tasks, using scripting tools such as Powershell, Ansible, and Python
- Experience managing and deploying large scale multi-forest Active Directory architecture
- Supporting multi-geography cloud deployments across Azure
- Familiarity supporting virtualization platforms Hyper-V, VMware, and KVM
- Work with internal stakeholders to provision, provide access, and troubleshoot various testing and production resources
- Manage backup and recovery operations for multiple data centers across geography, backing up multiple petabytes of data weekly
- Documenting commonly encountered issues and creating documentation on newly implemented systems on various Atlassian products
- Participate in on call rotations, responding to after-hours incidents in a timely manner
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Products (Active Directory, Windows Server. SQL Server, etc)
- Strong desire and prior experience automating common tasks
- Ability to architect solutions for complex problems independently and in a team setting
- Competency using industry standard automation/scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, SQL, Python)
- Experience with cloud technology such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience deploying and supporting VMWare at an enterprise level
- Experience with Terraform, or Ansible
- Background on cloud native tooling and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes)
- Ability to juggle competing tasks and prioritize
- Proven ability to communicate with team members effectively
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of working in an agile team environment
- Proven ability to build trust and partnership with stakeholders
- Strong sense of urgency and drive
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Arlington, Virginia: $106,000 - $175,000 USD