An exciting opportunity for you to join as a Cloud Architect and sit within our diverse and innovative team that develops and maintains critical applications for our Commodities and Global Markets(CGM) business.
As a Cloud Architect in the OneCGMTech team, you will gain exposure to various state of the art technologies, and gain exposure to strategic technology initiatives including creating new applications on the public cloud and migrating/supporting critical resources in public cloud. This role will entail forging strong working relationships with our globally distributed technology teams and hands on technical delivery
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test (unit and automation), implement and maintain software solutions with a focus on quality and DevOps principles
- Work on a diverse range of cloud resources and support distributed compute platform
- Help with production support, including coordinating the resolution of high severity incidents.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Software development experience in a programming or scripting language (e.g. Java, Python, C# etc)
- Experience, or an interest in cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes etc)
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with business users
- Experience with production support or SRE, experience on logging and system monitoring tools like Splunk.
Optional but highly desirable skills:
- Linux system administration, networking and tools such as git
- Build tooling
- Experience with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- Experience delivering initiatives in an Agile environment
About The Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group’s purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careers
Job no: COG-971933
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Category: Senior, Mid-senior, Technology
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Lucas Strader
Opening Date: 02/8/2023