LinQuest is seeking a remote Data Architect to join our team. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance are required.
LinQuest designs and develops data architectures that provide value to our clients by focusing first on understanding their business processes and working to model those business processes to provide data structures that deliver exceptional insights. We focus on several data design objectives such as flexibility, availability, data quality, performance, extensibility, and security as we transition into physical design concepts. Our data practitioners are involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from data engineering, data modeling, database/ETL development, data analysis, BI development and data governance. These skills are leveraged across of range of projects, such as large-scale enterprise data warehouses, data marts, data lakes, and application development.
As a Data Architect, you will work with unstructured and structured data, develop databases, build data pipelines, and find innovative solutions to complex data problems. Candidates must be comfortable across the spectrum of data management functions ranging from data modeling, database design and development, ETL/ELT design and development, as well as familiarity with metadata management, data quality, and data management techniques.
Efforts will include frameworks to support data discovery, data science, and analytics. Expected to possess a strong work ethic and solid leadership skills.
Must thrive in satisfying data requirements from diverse user base including analysts, data scientists, and application developers. Expected to be able to adapt quickly to changing needs and provide thought leadership across several core areas, including data modeling, database design and development, ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) design and development, metadata management and data quality management techniques. Must have the knowledge and communication skills to articulate trade-offs between design decisions, recommend a course of action to clients, and provide effective updates on project outcome uncertainty to leadership.
Required Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- At least 4 years of experience with data engineering, database design, or ETL design activities within a professional environment
- Prior experience designing and implementing data pipelines or ETL processes a must
- Expert understanding of data management best practices
- Experience with building production ready systems in large scale data environments and with agile development projects
- Prior experience with data mart design and implementation preferred
- Must be comfortable providing direction in a team environment as well as presenting complex ideas to senior level clients
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Professional experience as a data architect supporting the US Government or the DoD
- Prior experience designing and deploying data within a cloud environment
- Prior experience with Databricks, Neo4J, Postgres a plus
- Prior experience supporting the deployment of machine learning and NLP models
- Experience with Devops/Agile
- Prior experience with performance tuning for large data sets
- Prior experience with Python a plus
- An active DoD security clearance
LinQuest Corporation has a stellar 40-year track record of providing end-to-end system-of-systems (SoS) architecture definition, engineering design, integration and test, and operations expertise to enable full lifecycle development and deployment of pre-eminent Space, Air, Land, Sea, Ground, and Cyberspace game-changing capabilities across US DOD and IC Customers’ portfolios. Unique combination of in-depth domain knowledge, lessons learned-honed best practices, and mission-specific applications of principles, tools, and techniques of Digital Engineering (DE), DE Ecosystem (DEE), and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) set LinQuest apart from the competition to consistently deliver stellar high-value results for our customers. LinQuest’s corporate vision and values place the employee at the center of utmost customer satisfaction, strategic business growth, and tactical execution excellence. Our employees’ creative and inspirational drive, sense of fulfillment of personal and professional growth, and tight knit camaraderie within and across lines of business are essential in gaining and maintaining exceptional LinQuest corporate-wide results of new business awards and renewed contracts.
Benefits: LinQuest offers comprehensive and competitive benefit offerings to our team members to include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, company paid life insurance, and more! For additional information please visit: https://www.linquest.com/careers/our-benefits