Lead Cloud Security Engineer
TIAA has an opportunity for a Lead Cloud Security Engineer. This role will provide security for cloud-based digital platforms and will play an integral role in protecting our organization’s data. This may involve analyzing existing cloud structures and creating new and enhanced security methods. In addition, will serve as part of a larger team dedicated to cloud-based management and security.
The focus for this role will be to create cloud-based programs, perform threat simulations to detect possible risks, and provide security recommendations. Will investigate, create, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will enhance the security of cloud-based environments.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Implement cloud security strategy, standards, procedures, best practices, and DevSecOps.
- Implement processes and technical controls supporting cloud security standards including integration of cloud services and workloads into corporate cybersecurity services.
- Collaborate with operations and engineering teams to implement and tune cloud-native security monitoring, tooling, and reporting.
- Implement CSPM tools such as wiz.io across multiple cloud platforms.
- Define cloud security policies, standards, and best practices in a multi-cloud environment.
- Promote awareness of corporate cybersecurity policy, standards, and guidelines
- Design cloud-based network traffic flows to drive anomaly detection capability.
- Mentor engineering and operations staff on unique cloud-based security controls
- Develop tools to improve cloud specific anomaly detection requirements.
- Foster a culture of security by partnering with solutions architects & other business teams to balance key performance and security.
- Perform regular reviews of cloud infrastructure for security, and cloud best practices.
- Develop threat models to identify risks and prioritize improvements to our architecture.
- Drive the adoption of Authentication and Authorization reference architectures for managing cloud infrastructure.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 5+ Years Required; 7+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Five years of Information Technology experience
- At least three (3) to (5) years of experience implementing or supporting cloud-based cyber security.
- At least two (2) years’ experience supporting two (2) cloud-provider platforms (such as AWS, Azure, Google)
- At least two (2) years’ experience with user Authentication and Authorization
- At least two (2) years’ experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CSPM tools such as wiz.io across multiple cloud platforms
- Knowledge of common cyber security technical controls and their application to cloud systems, such as access control, audit and accountability, configuration management, identification and authentication, system and communication protection, and system and information integrity.
- Knowledge of other common industry cyber security standards and organizational best practices
- Knowledge of current cyber security threats and vulnerabilities
- Understanding of basic information technology concepts, systems, and network architecture
- Proven success in contribution to a collaborative environment
- Possess a CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) or other cloud certification.
Application Programming Interface (API) Development/Integration, Automation, Communication, Consultative Communication, Containerization, DevOps, Enterprise Application Integration, Influence, Organizational Savviness, Problem Solving, Prototyping, Relationship Management, Scalability/Reliability, Software Development Life Cycle, Systems Design/Analysis
Base Pay Range: $119,600/yr. - $183,800/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Benefits And Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Applicant And Desire a Reasonable Accommodation To Complete a Job Application Please Use One Of The Below Options To Contact Our Accessibility Support Team
If you are a U.S.
Phone: (800) 842-2755