Application Engineering Technical Lead
We are expanding our full stack team to develop end-to-end capabilities for Plan Sponsors in partnership with our vendor partner, InfoSys. We will be developing greenfield applications using modern technologies and automated process to provide stakeholders transparency into the program and delivery business value to our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical expertise and completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensure the viability of IT deliverables, recommending development options and approving the team's technical deliverables as well as conduct testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identify potential solutions and approve technical solutions proposed by team members, elevating complex technical issues to IT experts. Respond to and resolve technical issues in a timely manner, researching issues and performing root cause analysis as well as anticipate technology problems and prevent them.
- Communicate with key stakeholders on project issues and implications. Evaluate the impacts of change requests on technologies and effectively persuades and influence others on ideas.
- Maintain a current and solid understanding of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentor IT staff and identify training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensure their usage by team members.
- Review and approve documentation and diagrams created by IT team members. Write documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Find opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participate in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participate as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Present technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- Thoroughly understand and follow Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies that work meets requirements.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Experience with technical leaders for end-to-end development (UI, services, testing and monitoring).
- AWS Cloud Experience
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Confluence, Jira, Bamboo)
- A growth mindset with the ability to try new things and a desire to modernize current technology.
- Minimum of eight years related work experience, with at least three years of development experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
What sets you apart:
- AWS certifications
- Prior experience working with third party vendors
- Experience modernizing UI and data applications
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.