Enterprise Cloud Architect
Come be a part of our mission and make a meaningful and positive impact with the industry leading provider of language services for the Deaf and heard-of-hearing.
- Paid Vacation Time and Paid Sick Time and Paid Holidays
- 401k 6% match with immediate vesting
- Nationwide Medical Insurance plans and coverage (Medical, Dental/Orthodontia, Vision)
- HSA company match
- 3 Medical plan options including a Low Deductible PPO Medical Plan Offering
- Employee Assistance Program
- Engaged Employee Resource Groups
- Outstanding Learning and Career Development Opportunities
Pay Range: The estimated salary range for this position is $136,400.00 to $211,530.00 annually. Actual pay may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for incentive compensation.
- This position is for Local Candidates with Hybrid Schedule *
- Responsible for developing strategy, architecture patterns, services and templates to support multiple cloud with emphasis on maximizing portability and reuse across cloud providers
- Develop cloud center of excellence governance process and team maturity
- Makes high level design choices focused on manageability, reliability, scalability, usability & security
- Lead proof-of-concepts to assess and build new capabilities within the infrastructure domain
- Design and implement cloud disaster recovery strategy and high availability solutions in cloud
- Recognize and develop opportunities to optimize the cloud spend
- Strong leadership and team-building skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals & leaders
- Guide, mentor and help to build the skill and experience to grow the talent
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering field
- 10+ years of experience spanning technical architecture, infrastructure management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- 4+ years of architect experience designing and managing Cloud-native or Cloud-enabled technical architecture in AWS/Azure cloud computing architecture
- 3+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing solutions with Terraform, Ansible or equivalent IaC automation tools and technologies
- Strong knowledge of network architectures, protocols, network security, and backup and replication technologies for disaster recovery in cloud infrastructure
- Understand microservices, serverless and container technologies
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience troubleshooting cloud infrastructure issue
- Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mindset
- Proficient in Linux and Windows environments
- Working knowledge of GitHub and/or GitLab
- AWS Certified Solution Architect is a must.
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Experience with previous Cloud Migrations is a plus.
- Familiarity of Azure DevOps including Azure Pipelines, Azure Boards, and Azure Repos
Our Mission…Harnessing the power of language, we connect diverse people and enrich the human experience.
Our Vision…To provide global language services that expand opportunities, nurture belonging, and empower the world to connect beyond words.
As one of the world’s leading language services providers, Sorenson combines patented technology with human-centric solutions. We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility for underrepresented people through communication solutions for all: call captioning and video relay services, over-video and in-person sign language and spoken language interpreting, translation, real-time captioning, and post-production language services.
Sorenson’s impact vision and plan extends to supporting employment opportunities for diverse employees, customers, and communities. As a minority-owned company, we are committed to expanding opportunities for underserved communities while promoting an inclusive workplace for our own employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.